Home

Accelerated Play Clock for the 360?

This is a discussion on Accelerated Play Clock for the 360? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 06:38 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Accelerated Play Clock for the 360?

THis can't be that hard to get it into the game. Ea could program this in a hour to make the clock run 20 sec
Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 AM   #10
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
8 Minutes real time? You are joking right? Even pee wee football is at least 10 minute quarters and high school is 12. Without accelerated clock it becomes too easy to keep huge TOP advantage against the CPU especially with very short quarters like 8 minutes. This is a big issue.
A big issue?!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #11
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
A big issue?!
I'm more concerned about in-game saves.

That way you can play the longer quarters, but if something comes up, you don't have to abandon the game and start over. As stated before, this should be in every game regardless of genre, but especially sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
A big issue?!

Yes it is an issue because how realistic is it to have a 17 play drive in under two minutes?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yes it is an issue because how realistic is it to have a 17 play drive in under two minutes?
Wait a second. The vaunted, can-do-no-wrong 2k series never had an accelerated clock feature. I don't recall that being considered a game killer.

I'm a fan of the accl. clock, but it's not something I can't live without. As long as the total number of offensive snaps per game is correct, this is nothing more than a minor annoyance.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Wait a second. The vaunted, can-do-no-wrong 2k series never had an accelerated clock feature. I don't recall that being considered a game killer.

I'm a fan of the accl. clock, but it's not something I can't live without. As long as the total number of offensive snaps per game is correct, this is nothing more than a minor annoyance.

Did I even mention NFL 2K? I am not a NFL 2K fanatic who overlooks flaws and you can go back and read my impressions of NFL 2K5 and see that I was critical of the poor DB AI which for me was a game killer. It does bother people that EA is either unwilling or unable to include such a simple feature that is already in the Madden XBOX and PS2. I also never said the absence of an acclerated clock is a game killer, I said it is a big issue.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 08-07-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Did I even mention NFL 2K? I am not a NFL 2K fanatic who overlooks flaws and you can go back and read my impressions of NFL 2K5 and see that I was critical of the poor DB AI which for me was a game killer. It does bother people that EA is either unwilling or unable to include such a simple feature that is already in the Madden XBOX and PS2
What can I say? There are only so many hours in a day, so no game ever has everything the designers wanted to include. Maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #16
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I'm more concerned about in-game saves.

That way you can play the longer quarters, but if something comes up, you don't have to abandon the game and start over. As stated before, this should be in every game regardless of genre, but especially sports games.
I agree here. While I like the accelerated clock option, in-game saves to me are much more important. Sometimes these games run long and I do not always have time to finish a game I started.

If an in-game save is not available, at the very least there should be a sim-to-end option. If I'm in the 3rd quarter and can't finish a game I would prefer to sim-to-end and even take a loss that way than to have to replay the entire game the next time I play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »