Home

EA..Implement this for 2008 to get rid of Mario Running

This is a discussion on EA..Implement this for 2008 to get rid of Mario Running within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: EA..Implement this for 2008 to get rid of Mario Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
These sort of things should be in the base of the next gen engine.
Agreed. This is something they should've taken into account when they were developing this "next gen" engine. And as someone else pointed out, it's a player interaction issue that affects you on defense also - it affects nearly every aspect of the gameplay. When a RB comes in contact w/a lineman or another offensive player, there should be a reaction - a stumble, placing his hand on the other player's back, whatever. The one thing the reaction shouldn't be is the player running in place.

I think most assumed it was a no brainer that they'd take these things (along with presentation issues) into account and would implement these things given what 2K was doing. I know I certainly did, and I certainly was wrong. If they ever put the same effort developing the game as they do marketing it, maybe they'd be able to produce something special
Old 08-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
Not to mention that he posts this at every Madden website on the internet. He does with evry bright idea he has. Why dodn't you spend your damn time coming up with a well written letter to EA instead of posting this **** everywhere you can? They might not listen to bitching about hand towels but things like this they will probably respond to. THey are most likely aware of this and are working on fixing this problem.
Calm down man...If you have a problem with my posts don't read them....I post because I have concerns about the game and since EA visits the forums why not express my concerns....Maybe they will look into the problem.

Why be negative all the time?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Wow take a chill pill. This is a message board about discussing madden and ways to improve it. Also giving an example of a 3 year old last gen game that could do it is a good point. Whats wrong with posting it on different message boards?, it's a madden issue and many people frequent different boards, obviously you must. A well written letter to ea are you kidding? As for your comment on ea noticing this problem ane working on it. These sort of things should be in the base of the next gen engine.
It is a good point but does he have to wake up everyday and find something to complain about and post it at every damn Madden site on the internet. A well written letter would get more done then complaing on here day in day out.The fact the many people frequent different boards is the point. Why does he feel the need to start every thread at every site. He makes some good points but he seems to need attention which is pathetic. IF he doesn't like the game so much buy 2k5 and download the new rosters and STFU. HAVe fun playing that for three years until they can make another game if that ever happens. Or he could actually try and construct a well written letter with all his complaints and see if they answer. As much time as he spends complaining he could of written a damn book. Just my damn opinion and I could care less if you think I need a chill pill. I was just stating my opinion and could really care less what he does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Calm down man...If you have a problem with my posts don't read them....I post because I have concerns about the game and since EA visits the forums why not express my concerns....Maybe they will look into the problem.

Why be negative all the time?
Your asking me why be negative all the time? When have you said something positive about the game. Listen I don't hate what your trying to do. I just think you could spend your time doing something more constuctive. Take all these post you have made then assemble them into a letter. See if EA responds and post what they say. That would be interesting to me.

You post a picture. And say nothing. What is there to say about it? Most know it is a problem and what can we do about it? I guess complaining about it makes you feel better. That is just my advice. It is not like I come in every one of your threads and say this. This is the first time I have.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Your asking me why be negative all the time? When have you said something positive about the game. Listen I don't hate what your trying to do. I just think you could spend your time doing something more constuctive. Take all these post you have made then assemble them into a letter. See if EA responds and post what they say. That would be interesting to me.

You post a picture. And say nothing. What is there to say about it? Most know it is a problem and what can we do about it? I guess complaining about it makes you feel better. That is just my advice. It is not like I come in every one of your threads and say this. This is the first time I have.
Im always posiutive about the game...Man I was one of the first to give props on EA getting the individual running styles in the game. I suggested that on the forums last year now look what we have.

Check the post again...I described what the picture was about man.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
IF he doesn't like the game so much buy 2k5 and download the new rosters and STFU.
HAHAHA...Who said I don't like the game?

I never knew liking something but wanting something to improve is the same thing...
Old 08-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #15
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
It is a good point but does he have to wake up everyday and find something to complain about and post it at every damn Madden site on the internet. A well written letter would get more done then complaing on here day in day out.The fact the many people frequent different boards is the point. Why does he feel the need to start every thread at every site. He makes some good points but he seems to need attention which is pathetic. IF he doesn't like the game so much buy 2k5 and download the new rosters and STFU. HAVe fun playing that for three years until they can make another game if that ever happens. Or he could actually try and construct a well written letter with all his complaints and see if they answer. As much time as he spends complaining he could of written a damn book. Just my damn opinion and I could care less if you think I need a chill pill. I was just stating my opinion and could really care less what he does.

likwise regarding your rant as well
Old 08-06-2006, 09:32 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 1

You know this website is full of (and ran by) Madden fanboys, so you know you aren't allowed to say anything negative about Madden or you may get banned.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »