Home

will we be able to edit player ratings this year

This is a discussion on will we be able to edit player ratings this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 04:44 PM   #49
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: will we be able to edit player ratings this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Can we create players outside of Superstar mode?
Why do I think the answer to this is "no" .....
Old 08-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #50
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Can't say I disagree with you. There has to be another reason for not including the ability to edit ratings. Like someone said before, maybe it's coming from the higher ups, who want to see more downloads of the EA Roster Updates.

There just isn't a valid reason, from a programming standpoint, that could explain why we'll likely not be able to edit attribute ratings.
They must figure that since the game sales have slowed the only way to get up to date rosters is by forcing you into buying a new version. Can't say I blame them, EA's stock has been getting crushed this year.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #51
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Can't say I blame them, EA's stock has been getting crushed this year.
And that's the thing with corporations. Their first obligation is to the shareholder, not the customer.

Let's see if their plan works. After 3 years without Madden, I made up my mind to purchase it this year for the 360. If I get the sense they are doing things like this to limit the games flexibility and boost future sales, I'll sit out another few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #52
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

It wouldn't be such a big deal about editing equipment (I could care less about ratings because they all sky rocket in franchise mode anyway) but they always forget to give someone gloves, or have the wrong facemask and it drives me nuts not being able to change it.

My kicker in my Univ of Minnestoa dynasty in NCAA is wearing gloves, I mean he's a kicker.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:22 AM   #53
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by that? I hope you don't think it's some huge game for EA and that they're purposely screwing with us, just to see how many will still buy the game.
They force us the consumer to play by their rules since they know they can still sell. It's really sad for consumers and sad that we as consumers support this form of business, but we do. Most of us still buy their products. I guess that is kinda what we are "forced" to do when there are no other options out there for our football gaming fix. Don't you all agree with IGN and EA that exclusivity is great for gamers? I sure do. We've won big time

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereliched
They force us the consumer to play by their rules since they know they can still sell.
They don't force you to do anything. Simply put...don't buy the game. Stick with NFL2K5 or NFL Fever or Tecmo Bowl or 10 Yard Fight or whatever football game of the past it was that made you happy, if one even exists.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:05 AM   #55
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
They don't force you to do anything. Simply put...don't buy the game. Stick with NFL2K5 or NFL Fever or Tecmo Bowl or 10 Yard Fight or whatever football game of the past it was that made you happy, if one even exists.
Correct, no one's is forcing anyone to do anything. The problem becomes that EA already set the bar with allowing people to edit players/equipment, etc in the past. People are used to editing players as they seem fit. Now though, if we want player updates, etc, we're are in some regards "forced" to only go through one channel, EA. This deeply saddens many of us. Some of us just simply don't agree with their player ratings and want them adjusted accordingly.

It's a very easy thing to say, "go play NFL2K5 or Fever" etc, but it's not exactly optimal. This is part of the exclusive deal that hurts. That's the exact attitude EA shows us... "we're it, if you don't like it... well...." and that's too bad. We're in a situation where if we want up-to-date graphics, etc, we ARE forced to go down the road towards EA. They've managed to take certain aspects of the game away that have been around for years that we expect to be "in the game".....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2006, 09:43 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
It's a very easy thing to say, "go play NFL2K5 or Fever" etc, but it's not exactly optimal. This is part of the exclusive deal that hurts. That's the exact attitude EA shows us... "we're it, if you don't like it... well...." and that's too bad. We're in a situation where if we want up-to-date graphics, etc, we ARE forced to go down the road towards EA. They've managed to take certain aspects of the game away that have been around for years that we expect to be "in the game".....
I guess I have a tough time understanding you guys who feel like you're now forced to purchase Madden against your will, because I, myself, am not like that. I guess I have more will power or something.

You see, I'm a huge baseball fan, and I loved MVP baseball. This year? MLB's license goes exclusive with 2K having the ability to put out the XBox 360's only MLB game. Now me? I just never liked 2K's brand of baseball games. It just didn't feel right to me. I much preferred EA's MVP engine.

So you know what I did? I *gasp* didn't buy a baseball game this year! Yep! I said it! Nobody forced me to do anything. I just simply did not play an MLB game this year. Why? Because no matter what license a company may have, if I don't like the game, I'm not going to buy it. Plain and simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »