Home

Positive Madden '07 posts only

This is a discussion on Positive Madden '07 posts only within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #25
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Positive Madden '07 posts only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Why does the R.E.M. song "Shiny Happy People" keep bouncing around my head as I read this thread.

Isn't the point of a sports gaming forum to discuss the plusses AND minuses of a game? I know the game isn't released yet, but a thread with just good news?

Odd. "Shiny, happy people laughing ... shiny, HAPPY!"

Take care,
PK
Honestly, the negative discusssion has taken on the life of beating the proverbial dead horse.

Yes, we all agree and knew that the exclusivity deal was going to be horrible. Madden's shortcomings are well documented everywhere we look.

However, I for one am tired of constant complaining, while offering no soultions.

What I am trying to say is at this point, we have one choice and one choice only if you want to play an NFL game. I was all for reading all the negative things when I had a choice between Madden and other games. Well, we don't anymore. Until we do I am going to try and focus on teh positives, and look for workarounds to problems that arise.

That is what led me to OS to begin with however many years ago I joined. I was intersted in problem SOLVING in my gaming experience, not merely chronicling my dislikes and gripes.

Don't get me wrong, the frist thing I am intersted in is an unbiased review of any game. But the constant griping now serves no purpose, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzchamp
These #$%&*$ 2K trolls! Go play with your enhancement pack!

Actually, I am one, but I digress. I am stoked for the superstar mode. I didn't get to play it last year as I was on a football hiatus (or is that in mourning?) last year. Did anyone go through an entire season or even an entire career last year as a player in a single position? If so, how was it?
Superstar mode this year compared to last year is totally different. Last year, basically you would just play the game normally, like a regular season. I'm pretty excited too bout Superstar mode.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #27
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Why does the R.E.M. song "Shiny Happy People" keep bouncing around my head as I read this thread.

Isn't the point of a sports gaming forum to discuss the plusses AND minuses of a game? I know the game isn't released yet, but a thread with just good news?

Odd. "Shiny, happy people laughing ... shiny, HAPPY!"

Take care,
PK
This THREAD was created to point out positive things about the game. There is a whole FORUM out there to post whatever you want about Madden.

Not sure why it's odd to you. And if it is, why post?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

The grass looks good. Also superstar mode looks promising but i'm really worried that the way they have the camera used, i think that might break it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-07-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
This THREAD was created to point out positive things about the game. There is a whole FORUM out there to post whatever you want about Madden.

Not sure why it's odd to you. And if it is, why post?
It's probably like the old adage "WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PRESS THIS BUTTON" so what is it people want to do? They want to push the button, LOL. That and the fact that people want to be able to trash EA everywhere on this forum, not just 99.9999999% of the places on this forum.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #30
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

As disappointed as I am that the next gen Madden is still missing some things, like gang-tackling, and also some features, like Owner Mode, I have to say that I am pretty excited after seeing some recent videos. No doubt, this series is headed in the right direction, and only needs a couple of major components implemented, and it would be the best ever. Let's just hope that Ortiz is listening to us, and from the sounds of it, he is.

Positives:

- SS Mode looks unbelievably fun, and a welcome change.
- The look of the game is the best ever in a sports game.
- Looks alot smoother than last year
- Individual running styles = Top notch idea
- Running game looks to be much improved.
- OL/DL play seems to be headed in the right direction
- Attention to detail for the stadiums deserves special mention aside from the graphics. They really nailed the stadiums.
- The crowd seems to be done really well with their reactions and such.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #31
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's probably like the old adage "WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PRESS THIS BUTTON" so what is it people want to do? They want to push the button, LOL. That and the fact that people want to be able to trash EA everywhere on this forum, not just 99.9999999% of the places on this forum.
Did I mention a negative word about EA in my post? No.

I just find it funny that a "positive thoughts only" thread has to be created about a video game. You take the good with the bad, right?

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #32
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
As disappointed as I am that the next gen Madden is still missing some things, like gang-tackling, and also some features, like Owner Mode, I have to say that I am pretty excited after seeing some recent videos. No doubt, this series is headed in the right direction, and only needs a couple of major components implemented, and it would be the best ever. Let's just hope that Ortiz is listening to us, and from the sounds of it, he is.

Positives:

- SS Mode looks unbelievably fun, and a welcome change.
- The look of the game is the best ever in a sports game.
- Looks alot smoother than last year
- Individual running styles = Top notch idea
- Running game looks to be much improved.
- OL/DL play seems to be headed in the right direction
- Attention to detail for the stadiums deserves special mention aside from the graphics. They really nailed the stadiums.
- The crowd seems to be done really well with their reactions and such.
Co-Sign

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »