Home

PS3 Version:Things EA should alter before releasing

This is a discussion on PS3 Version:Things EA should alter before releasing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: PS3 Version:Things EA should alter before releasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I dont' think you understand my statement. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about because its been stated countless times and the facts are on the web. The condition of the PS3 devkit when it was first released after E3 last year (the same time the 360 devkits were released after the announcement of the console), has nothing to do with my statement. It doesn't matter that the devkits given to EA during that time were not the finished devkits. What's important is the fact that devkits WERE GIVEN TO EA during the same time 360 devkits were given to developers. Sure, the PS3 kits were not the final ones, but the fact is EA has had these kits since the PS3 was announced at E3 of last year. Both the 360 and PS3 were announced around the same time, and kits were handed out accordingly. The fact is that the PS3 is being released a few months later than the 360 version of Madden, which ultimately has given developers of this Madden game an extra few months to work on this title given the fact that both these versions were probably being developed around the same time. The condition of the devkits has nothing to do with the fact that, whether they were final or not (which is ridiculous to suggest anyway given the fact that there would be no way EA could get FINAL DEVKITS....RIGHT AFTER THE PS3 ANNOUNCEMENT AT E3 LAST YEAR). The fact is that devkits were given to the EA developers in some capacity that was satisfactory enough for them to begin developing the PS3 version of '07 around the same time the 360 version was being developed.
Wow.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

I like some of the suggestions so far, and they seem pretty doable. Ones that stick out:

- fixing the QB drops/animations (they're horrible right now)
- In-game saves
- Being able to view a replay from any point of a game (essentially the 2K5 game is on the hard drive feature. No excuse why this isn't in imo)
- multiple camera angles
- remove shotgun sound on deep passes (or option to toggle off)

All of these should've been in the 360 version
Old 08-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
Then why wasn't the PS3 playable when some of the mods from the community went to EA? I just don't see it being much different on the PS3.
Because Sony, hasn't lifted the embargo on PS3 titles. The NDA, should be ending at the end of this week and sometime next week for some titles.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Because Sony, hasn't lifted the embargo on PS3 titles. The NDA, should be ending at the end of this week and sometime next week for some titles.
What is the NDA? I have no clue what you are talking about. Can you explain? Not being a smart ***. I just have no idea what that means nad has to do with the fact that you think they would atleast want show community sites that the game will be playable. I think I know somewhat what you are talking about but why would Sony do that unless they aren't sure if the game is impressive enough yet.

People that played at E3 said it was no where near complete. Then at Community day thing they get no info out them on it. The PS3 doesn't offer that much more i any graphically over the 360 then what does it offer? GAng tackling. THat term is always overated because Ea seems to beileve they have already been implementing it. On the NFl network it was brought up and David Ortiz said that there would be so many different tackling animations that it would be different everytime you tackle. We all know that won't be the case.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #21
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

NDA = Non disclosure agreement.

In this instance Sony had the various sites agree to not provide info until a certain date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #22
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19

I was told specifically by EA developers at Community Day that even they didn't know what the PS3 was entirely capable of at that point, and the two people I talked to both shook their heads in frustration while saying that.

This leads me to believe that there's no "super-secret" PS3 version floating around in the ether (and, IMO, it made no sense to assume so in the first place).

Based on the realities and budgetary limitations of game design, the only differences I expect to see between the titles is in online functionality to handle the two different consoles' systems, and perhaps a different mini-game or something.

We were all surprised at the level of visibility that Xbox had the Community Day. I've been to many of them, and I'd never seen anything like that. Given that fact, It simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever that EA is "saving" the "extra-special" version of Madden for their good buddies at Sony.

Anything else is simply wishful thinking.

I was also in the meeting with David Ortiz when he mentioned gang tackling - it was a response to a question about implementing third-party solutions such as Natural Motion's Euphoria for player physics. One developer (and yes, I know who these guys are, but I'm keeping their names under wraps because it's not relevant) said outright that he wished they could.

Ortiz then immediately jumped in and pointed out that there was no need for that; that EA has it's own systems that will do the same thing. He then hinted that maybe they could add something like add gang tackling to the PS3 version, but his statement never seemed like a product announcement at any point, and you'll notice that it's never been followed up on - not by Ortiz, not by EA, by no one.

Rather, his statement seemed to be nothing more than corporatespeak to reduce questions as to why EA doesn't need something that a lead developer had just excitedly mused about being able to use.

I put zero stock into that comment. I've been dealing with developers and game companies too long to believe that the comment had any validity as a product announcement in any fashion. It was an off-the-cuff response by the game's producer designed to deflect attention from the Euphoria question. Simple as that. These kind of things happen all the time. Should they? Perhaps not - but they do.

I think that believing in the video game version of Santa Claus does little but set gamers up for disappointment.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
I was told specifically by EA developers at Community Day that even they didn't know what the PS3 was entirely capable of at that point, and the two people I talked to both shook their heads in frustration while saying that.

This leads me to believe that there's no "super-secret" PS3 version floating around in the ether (and, IMO, it made no sense to assume so in the first place).

Based on the realities and budgetary limitations of game design, the only differences I expect to see between the titles is in online functionality to handle the two different consoles' systems, and perhaps a different mini-game or something.

We were all surprised at the level of visibility that Xbox had the Community Day. I've been to many of them, and I'd never seen anything like that. Given that fact, It simply doesn't make any sense whatsoever that EA is "saving" the "extra-special" version of Madden for their good buddies at Sony.

Anything else is simply wishful thinking.

I was also in the meeting with David Ortiz when he mentioned gang tackling - it was a response to a question about implementing third-party solutions such as Natural Motion's Euphoria for player physics. One developer (and yes, I know who these guys are, but I'm keeping their names under wraps because it's not relevant) said outright that he wished they could.

Ortiz then immediately jumped in and pointed out that there was no need for that; that EA has it's own systems that will do the same thing. He then hinted that maybe they could add something like add gang tackling to the PS3 version, but his statement never seemed like a product announcement at any point, and you'll notice that it's never been followed up on - not by Ortiz, not by EA, by no one.

Rather, his statement seemed to be nothing more than corporatespeak to reduce questions as to why EA doesn't need something that a lead developer had just excitedly mused about being able to use.

I put zero stock into that comment. I've been dealing with developers and game companies too long to believe that the comment had any validity as a product announcement in any fashion. It was an off-the-cuff response by the game's producer designed to deflect attention from the Euphoria question. Simple as that. These kind of things happen all the time. Should they? Perhaps not - but they do.

I think that believing in the video game version of Santa Claus does little but set gamers up for disappointment.
GREAT post... if only everyone was this level-headed.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 16

Ok..yall getting off topic with the other crap...

Stay on topic please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »