Home

IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs

This is a discussion on IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs

are these movies in hd
Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
maybe they're ALL just so pumped to be at the game?
Or idiots lol. Other team scores and they're jumping up and down... booing slightly. If you look closely you can see fans with Chiefs colors pumping their fists

While Lamont Jordan does an air guitar celebration

We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 08-10-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The fans and sidelines deserve their own special attention. The fans are still way too hyped all the time which draws attention to them. On the Lamont Jordan touchdown, they all LOOKED like they were up and cheering lol, although there was slight booing. In these vids they seem like they had more appropriate clothing on, but laughably it seemed like there weren't that many variations on individual fans - and there were large pockets of them reacting in unison. Sidelines are flat-out pitiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
Diff. VID. My bad. I was talking about the one video where he was stopped on the goal line and the D celebrated. Id idn't even see the video you are talking about. Sorry.
Unfortunately, the crowd responded the same to both situations. I'd really like to see/hear an explaination from EA about "Smarter Crowds". I thought I saw this listed as a feature, but I don't see it in any of the clips. It's as bad as it's always been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

It's sad that some elements of the game are so pretty, and others are... well I don't want to say bad, but not up to par... not what I expect from a 360 title.
  • The graphics are amazing. Even if you don't agree with arm sizes and such, the detail is superb. The players, stadiums, grass (w/o snow/rain) and the crowds are great.
  • Most of the animations... solo & one-on-one animations are fantastic. The elusive RB moves look spectacular.

But...
  • The snow looks terrible, as it does in NCAA. I wonder if the rain is any better.
  • Player interaction with 3 or more players is nonexistent. Since gang tackling didn't make the cut, I was hoping they would handle the 2nd & 3rd defenders a little better... something besides falling helplessly to the ground.
  • And some of the solo animations don't look too good. The QB's lateral movement looks almost terrible. When ball carriers turn, the lean looks too exaggerated. I think a foot plant is in order for some of the sharper turns... make them cuts.
  • DEs still can't get up the field. In the NFL, on pass plays, even the best blocks on DEs don't keep them at the LOS. This is why it's so easy for QBs to get out of the pocket. The DEs are dancing with the OTs at the LOS instead of getting depth.
  • Though the RB moves look great, I wonder how much the computer is doing for the user. The Cadillac run from yesterday comes to mind. The moves were strung together perfectly, but I wonder if the user or the CPU did that.
  • And the presentation flat out sucks! Does EA realize they gave defenses absolutely no time to make adjustments if the offense chooses to snap the ball immediately. Those that like to use the hurry up will have a field day. The after huddle and hurry up cut scenes killed this aspect of the game.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #13
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Unfortunately, the crowd responded the same to both situations. I'd really like to see/hear an explaination from EA about "Smarter Crowds". I thought I saw this listed as a feature, but I don't see it in any of the clips. It's as bad as it's always been.
Yeah, after seeing this same-type of thing in NCAA, I've come to realize that the "Smart Crowds" were definitely over hyped by EA. It's not a biggie, but I hope EA straightens this out so it's more realistic. It's just funny how much EA hyped this detail/feature and it doesn't seem to work correctly.

On another note, after reading the posts from those that attended the Community Day and saying the gameplay is like a tighter version of NCAA 07, I'm starting to get excited about Madden for the first time in years. I've been mainly an NCAA guy over the last 3-4 years. IMHO, the NCAA games have been superior to Madden in almost every category (fun factor, atmosphere, gameplay, presentation, etc.). I hated Madden 06 (360), but liked the way NCAA turned out... so I have higher hopes for Madden this year.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Smart crowd overhyped by ea???? What isn't. Seriously. Anyways I thought the videos looked pretty good. Again I am looking foward to this game....Not too much longer..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »