Home

IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs

This is a discussion on IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles...06/vids_1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN POTD: Raiders V. Chiefs

The game is beautiful. Everything is great except for the commentary.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

These videos weren't too flattering; a lot of what's wrong with the game was on display. Imo the game doesn't look as good when you have alternate weather conditions. Unfortunately the 1-on-1 player interaction really stands out in these vids. Defensive players are still getting placed on their backs too much. Seems the grass seems to revert to it's less dynamic look when there's snow or rain involved. QB anims still look really stiff and unrealistic.

The fans and sidelines deserve their own special attention. The fans are still way too hyped all the time which draws attention to them. On the Lamont Jordan touchdown, they all LOOKED like they were up and cheering lol, although there was slight booing. In these vids they seem like they had more appropriate clothing on, but laughably it seemed like there weren't that many variations on individual fans - and there were large pockets of them reacting in unison. Sidelines are flat-out pitiful.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
These videos weren't too flattering; a lot of what's wrong with the game was on display. Imo the game doesn't look as good when you have alternate weather conditions. Unfortunately the 1-on-1 player interaction really stands out in these vids. Defensive players are still getting placed on their backs too much. Seems the grass seems to revert to it's less dynamic look when there's snow or rain involved. QB anims still look really stiff and unrealistic.

The fans and sidelines deserve their own special attention. The fans are still way too hyped all the time which draws attention to them. On the Lamont Jordan touchdown, they all LOOKED like they were up and cheering lol, although there was slight booing. In these vids they seem like they had more appropriate clothing on, but laughably it seemed like there weren't that many variations on individual fans - and there were large pockets of them reacting in unison. Sidelines are flat-out pitiful.

HE didn't score the damn TD and the D was celebrating stopping him at the goaline. I thought that was pretty cool. I thought the game looked great.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
HE didn't score the damn TD and the D was celebrating stopping him at the goaline. I thought that was pretty cool. I thought the game looked great.
? Not sure which video you're talking about. There's one where Jordan breaks a long run and scores, then does some sort of brief air guitar celebration or something. The replay clearly shows the crowd in Chief colors, although there are a significant number of fans that have on all gray - perhaps they were meant to be Raiders fans. Either way, they all looked like they were celebrating lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
? Not sure which video you're talking about. There's one where Jordan breaks a long run and scores, then does some sort of brief air guitar celebration or something. The replay clearly shows the crowd in Chief colors, although there are a significant number of fans that have on all gray - perhaps they were meant to be Raiders fans. Either way, they all looked like they were celebrating lol
Diff. VID. My bad. I was talking about the one video where he was stopped on the goal line and the D celebrated. Id idn't even see the video you are talking about. Sorry.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
Diff. VID. My bad. I was talking about the one video where he was stopped on the goal line and the D celebrated. Id idn't even see the video you are talking about. Sorry.
No prob - had me wondering what I was thinking lol
Old 08-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

maybe they're ALL just so pumped to be at the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »