Home

Mini-camp vids at TeamXbox

This is a discussion on Mini-camp vids at TeamXbox within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
Mini-camp vids at TeamXbox

I'm surprised no one else has posted these yet (or at least didn't see the thread):

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/16...me-Madness/p1/

I haven't looked at them all, but they're interesting. In particular I thought the Coverage drill to be the best. Surprising, because that's the one I thought would be the worst. When the player was controlling the Pittsburgh DB, he displayed pretty decent footwork. Yet the cpu-controlled DB didn't seem to do the same. Kinda weird. But the drill looks fun. Would be so much cooler if Tiburon had paid even a *little* bit of attention to the defense, like giving the ability to use their hands to redirect receivers or defenders to shed blocks.

The QB drill WOULD'VE been more interesting had the guy not sprinted out of the pocket with Big Ben so much. And still not sure why the cpu DBs strafe looks so horrible. Oh, and the QB anims are horrible. There should be a need to step up to throw deep passes.

RB drill was pretty standard from what I looked at. Madden's lack of gang tackling/player interaction is gonna suck when trying to tackle Shaun Alexander.

Lineman drill didn't look good because the guy didn't seem to know what he was doing. But probably limited anyway because of the lack of player interaction.

That was all that I watched. Still, it's more than I was expecting. Game definitely seems to have longer legs than NCAA 360; will be happily trading it in

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 08-09-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Mini-camp vids at TeamXbox

anyone else notice after one of big-ben's deep pass....no shotgun sound

too bad u can't toggle it in a game
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is is being played on the Xbox? Because the gameplay looks different from the rest of the videos I have seen for the 360.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #4

OVR: 34

As this will be my last week to view anything before I actually purchase tha game (besides the Demo), I think one of the biggest concerns in this game will be the QB scrambling. By the looks of most videos, the ability to rollout and find a receiver comes too easy. Now I know this was a drill, but the user shows how quickly Big Ben can rollout. It doesn't look good at all.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
As this will be my last week to view anything before I actually purchase tha game (besides the Demo), I think one of the biggest concerns in this game will be the QB scrambling. By the looks of most videos, the ability to rollout and find a receiver comes too easy. Now I know this was a drill, but the user shows how quickly Big Ben can rollout. It doesn't look good at all.
Yeah it seems really easy to get outside the pocket. Although in one video, I thought the defense did a decent job. I think it was the Atlanta vids, where the CPU was Atlanta. I liked how the CPU seemed to want to run w/Vick frequently, but the player was able to stop him. But in every other video, getting outside the pocket seems to be a cakewalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »