Home

New Browns Uni's

This is a discussion on New Browns Uni's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Browns Uni's

Regardless if they are ugly or not, the new unis or not in this year's version. They have the grey facemasks but not the black shoes. In fact, they have messed up several unis.. for example- the redskins don't wear solid color socks when they wear their white jersey's with the dark pants- they wear striped ones. Also, the giants wear black shoes now.

Is Madden going to have all of the jersey combo's or are we going to have to buy them?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #18
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaddlee1
Regardless if they are ugly or not, the new unis or not in this year's version. They have the grey facemasks but not the black shoes. In fact, they have messed up several unis.. for example- the redskins don't wear solid color socks when they wear their white jersey's with the dark pants- they wear striped ones. Also, the giants wear black shoes now.

Is Madden going to have all of the jersey combo's or are we going to have to buy them?
Im wondering that too because whenever i see the dolphins, they have on the away jerseys at home with the green pants like madden 06. It wouldnt be a problem if they were the all white unis, but it would be kinda annoying to buy points to spend on jerseys that are already in xbox/ps2 by default
Old 08-11-2006, 02:24 PM   #19
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

They can change their unis all they want. They're still the Cleveland Browns!:y4:
Old 08-11-2006, 02:30 PM   #20
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
I don't understand why people are always saying how ugly the Browns uniforms are. Maybe I'm just biased as a Browns fan, but I just don't see how they are so ugly. They ain't getting my jote as the best by a long shot, but they aren't ugly. In fact, I think the Brown unis with the orange pants are AWESOME. I really wish Lerner would bring them back.
I agree those look ok to me, I don't like however the Orange and Brown unis, they just clash imo. But yeah it's tradition, it just seems like Brown isn't really a football color imo, but they aren't called the Cleveland Oranges so it's all good.

I'd like to see that lucky leprechaun or whatever he is make it on the helmets or at least the sleeves of the unis, ala the Eagles have the bird head on thiers. But who am I to argue with tradition?

I think the problem with alot of perceptions about the Browns unis is that they don't really "stand out" in any way, they are just standard looking and most NFL teams have something catchy looking be it a logo or some aspect of the uni.

But kudos to the Browns for staying true to thier tradition and not changing them in hopes of selling alot of merchandise.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #21
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I agree those look ok to me, I don't like however the Orange and Brown unis, they just clash imo. But yeah it's tradition, it just seems like Brown isn't really a football color imo, but they aren't called the Cleveland Oranges so it's all good.

I'd like to see that lucky leprechaun or whatever he is make it on the helmets or at least the sleeves of the unis, ala the Eagles have the bird head on thiers. But who am I to argue with tradition?

I think the problem with alot of perceptions about the Browns unis is that they don't really "stand out" in any way, they are just standard looking and most NFL teams have something catchy looking be it a logo or some aspect of the uni.

But kudos to the Browns for staying true to thier tradition and not changing them in hopes of selling alot of merchandise.
I don't know how that hideous color combination couldn't stand out.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #22
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't know how that hideous color combination couldn't stand out.
I wouldn't call it "hideous" but definately looks like a piece of furniture on the 70s show.

I want to see a red and green team (Christmas colors). Now those are considered complementary colors ala:

Purple/Yellow: Vikings
Blue/Orange: Broncos/Gators
Red/Green: ??
Old 08-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #23
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I still don't see it. It is not a hideous combination. I will admit that the alternate orange jerseys are hideous, but I think the brown and orange combo with the jersey and pants looks sweet. I don't see anything hideous about it.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #24
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
They are orange and brown, that is a hideous combination as the browns have shown.
Gotta disagree... I think the browns have great uniforms. Very classic and gritty looking. I like them a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »