Home

Do you guys think Madden takes a player's weight into account in terms of collisions?

This is a discussion on Do you guys think Madden takes a player's weight into account in terms of collisions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 06:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Do you guys think Madden takes a player's weight into account in terms of collisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike586corleone
wow that picture is friggin hilarious. and while it isn't madden on ncaa 07 (360 version) ive seen 200 running backs truck 300 lb defensive line man like it was nothing.
And the still 5'9 CB lighting up 6'5 250 lb HB when running around the Corner and Squared up. picking him up and dumping him on his well you know. How in the hell?????
Old 08-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Do you guys think Madden takes a player's weight into account in terms of collisi

I can *maybe* understand that adding real physics calculations for weight and momentum is too demanding given the yearly cycle with Madden, but as far as I care, there is no excuse for not filtering the animations they have to only occur in certain situations. ANY animation where a solo CB tackle knocks a HB back in full flight is dumb - it's not impossible but it's far too improbable to make it ever happen, let alone happen 50% of the time. The good news is, from the MM interview thread, it at least seems animation filtering is a big priority for Madden 07, but as long as they use their current animation system there is always room for unrealistic results.

mike586corleone - yeah that's common in both games, although personally I think even NCAA current gen is far better with tackling than Madden. I rarely ever see a DB knock my HB backwards in 07. If they made DL as powerful as they should be, it would be pretty decent for an animation system pre-dating the 21st century.

Last edited by Nza; 08-14-2006 at 09:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »