Home

The first pick in your draft

This is a discussion on The first pick in your draft within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #41
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The first pick in your draft

I'll use the Eagles and will try to get:

1) One of the elite receivers CJ, Jarrett, Hill, Samardzija. If none are available I think I'll take a FS such as Meriweather or Landry.
2) LB- Dhani Jones doesn't do anything for me. I doubt I'll be able to get Poz, but Rufus Alexander, HB Blades, or Brandon Siler may be available.
3) FB- Josh Parry is so one dimensional. That's why the only FB i'll be considering is Brian Leonard. He was made for the Eagles offense. Big do it all kind of back that most importantly can catch the ball.
4) A powerful HB for the goaline. I'm thinking someone like Tony Hunt, Ken Darby, or Tyrone Moss. If not I'll just use Leonard.
5) CB- we need another nickel or dime back depending on Rod Hood. Someone with veritility would be nice too. Maybe Eric Weddle, although I would have to take him in the 2nd or 3rd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I'll be the Cowboys. I want to draft a quarterback to take over for Bledsoe in the coming years.
Same here, Brady Quinn.
http://www.slamduncan.com/
Old 08-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #43
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Do you guys manipulate the system or something with draft picks? I mean how can the Cowboys even REMOTELY have a chance at Quinn, unless they have one of the top three picks. He'll be gone, and it would be next to impossible to trade up (unless you pull a Ditka and forfeit multiple future first rounders for the guy).

Just some thoughts. I know it's easy to package some players, but it's kind of BS...especially since the supposed "sim geeks" are down for messing up the draft system but pissing about the lack of fatigue.

To each his own, I guess.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #44
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

To elaborate on my earlier post about the Seahawks, I have some positions I'm looking to fill:

FB: Mack Strong will retire after the year (atleast in Madden, for sure) and I don't think David Kirtman is on the roster in the game.

DE: Winstrom and Fisher are ok, but if a good fast DE is there, I'll take him.

HB: To backup Shaun Alexander, I'd look into picking Garrett Wolfe as a good backup, with a completely different style then Shaun Alexander.

CB: Trufant, Herndon, and Jennings will be solid, but after that it gets a little sketchy. (although, I do like Jordan Babineaux)
But we all live in denial
Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #45
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

49ers here. As un-"sexy" as it might sound, if there is an absolute stud OL, I'll try to pick him up to give Alex some better protection. Kwame Harris has been terrible, Jeremy Newberry looks to be done (due to injuries), and Larry Allen isn't gonna play forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #46
All Star

OVR: 19

I'm either using my favorite team (the Packers) or the Cardinals...Packers, I'm thinking D...possibly Posluszny LB from Senn St...hime + Hawk + Nick = scary young LB core...or possibly WR such as...Calvin Johnson, Jarrett, Ginn or Samardzija...or Laron Landry FS from LSU or Zbikowski...for the Cards, possibly Gaines Adams RD from Clemson (my fav college team)...Posluszny, Buster Davis (MLB, FSU), Landry or Zbikowski again...of course I could go Offensive line with either team, but I dont know too many OL names.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #47
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Pats...

A LB or a DB, depending on who's there.

If there aren't any worth it...I'll go with a WR.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #48
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
I will be using the Chicago Bears and even though I have Benson and Thomas, Benson will get shipped and I will be going for Adrian Peterson.

greedy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »