Home

"Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT

This is a discussion on "Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:04 AM   #33
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT

I wonder if controlling all 32 teams would solve this issue. There are usually settings for what parts you want the CPU to control - if you can turn the FA setting to human and all the others to CPU that should solve the issue. That is if you actually have to sign these guys or if they magically appear on your roster. I guess we'll wait for more details...
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: "Unlocked" Hall of Famers appear in Xbox 360 Superstar/Franchise modes - REPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameaddict8
LOL, this is some funny **** from you guys. Most people of the boards dismiss important features like individual defensive hot routes and accelerated playclock. But a feature like HOF in franchise is all of a sudden a deal breaker.

I could have told everyone this weeks ago.

So what if I have to matchup with Jerry Rice on the Patriots or Emmitt Smith on the Steelers, my team is usually stacked anyway, from abuse of trade logic and Minicamp resets. Unless there are a select people that try to play mirrored matchups with their favorite teams (not taking into account the hardcore that control all 32 teams).

Bring it on Montana! Manning vs Montana ftw!
so you don't mind having hall of fame players in your franchise. not to mention they'll probably rated damn near 99.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #35
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I wonder if controlling all 32 teams would solve this issue. There are usually settings for what parts you want the CPU to control - if you can turn the FA setting to human and all the others to CPU that should solve the issue. That is if you actually have to sign these guys or if they magically appear on your roster. I guess we'll wait for more details...
I don't believe that there should have to be any sort of workaround, or convoluted process to get the franchise mode to play how it was advertised as it would. EA told Shawn and IGN as a fact that HoF players would not show up in Franchise and I for one was relieved to hear that. But now that is apparently not true, I'm wondering why they told Shawn what they did in the first place. And I also really appreciate him reporting the news in advance of the release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 10:09 AM   #36
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Like others, If there isn't a way to straighten this out I am definately not picking 07 up.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #37
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
As best as I can tell, HOFers are tied into the overarching Madden Gamer Level. Even if you delete your roster files and start fresh, the HOFers you've unlocked due to the "MGL" will be instantly re-populated within the roster file as soon as your profile is loaded.
Is this MGL thing just an XBox 360 thing? I haven't played madden in 3 years but was going to get it this year just for fun. But I'm getting it for the XBox and I was hoping there was no way this "feature" doesn't affect the XBox version.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

WOW. Just wow. This is 1 thing I just cant let slip. EA has to fix this before release. Maybe Madden is in for a delay. While they're at, add the option for us to edit equipment,lol.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 8

Do they come in as young players, or are they all super old?
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #40
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
WOW. Just wow. This is 1 thing I just cant let slip. EA has to fix this before release. Maybe Madden is in for a delay. While they're at, add the option for us to edit equipment,lol.
There's no way in hell it's getting delayed.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »