Home

My SONY/EA "conspricacy theory"...

This is a discussion on My SONY/EA "conspricacy theory"... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #33
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: My SONY/EA "conspricacy theory"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
This is a great discussion and a fascinating topic to say the least.

My whole point, in my original and subsequent posts has been that EA has a "favorite son" so to speak, and though unintentional as it maybe, descrepancies can and do occur between the systems.

It will be interesting to see how the game continues to develop from 07 and beyond, as thee Playstation 3 establishes itself in the marketplace.
Well, if EA IS in fact "picking sides" then they are foolishly bucking the trend that the rest of the industry has seemingly started. It started with GTA4, and it will continue that way, because there is just no money to be made favouring one console over another as it is much more expensive to develop games for these machines. On top of that, the advantage that the PS3 seemingly has over the 360 in terms of power is negligible when you consider the extra time (read:money) needed to tap that potential.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #34
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Well, if EA IS in fact "picking sides" then they are foolishly bucking the trend that the rest of the industry has seemingly started. It started with GTA4, and it will continue that way, because there is just no money to be made favouring one console over another as it is much more expensive to develop games for these machines. On top of that, the advantage that the PS3 seemingly has over the 360 in terms of power is negligible when you consider the extra time (read:money) needed to tap that potential.
EA goes where money goes. If the 360 is the seller this time around, then you best believe that Sony will not be improved graphically.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #35
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
Well not exactly "conspiracy" theory, but hear me out...

I've got a sneaky suspicion that EA is actually optimizing Madden and probably the rest of their EASports games for the Sony PS3. I just think that SONY is THE preferred platform for their operations. Similar to how it was in current-gen, though the roles are reversed this time with the PS3 having the more powerful hardware. EA likes to go with the market leader, and there's no reason to believe that even with the initial 1yr. head start, that SONY won't recoup their position once their console hits the market.

With the PS2/Xbox, you saw the result in the form of inferior graphics on the Xbox, due to the EA optimizing their games to the lower (though more popular system) and then porting the games "up" to the xbox.

I believe this time around you are going to see EA really striving to take advantage of Sony's superior hardware specs and slashing features and functionality from the 360 as they port it over to the weaker system.

Thus you end up getting stuttering fps during the camera pans in NCAA or lack of weather/time-of-day effects in online games on the 360 etc...

Now it remains to be seen, but I would bet that when Madden comes out for the PS3, you'll have those weather/time-of-day effects make their appearence online, with the increased development time and more powerful hardware among other features that "they were able to add in due to the increased development time".

Your thoughts?

i've always thought this

EA has never fully optimizd their games for the green box

perhaps microsoft is returnng the favor....XNA software will make it easier
for gamers/programmers......maybe were seeing this with the possible 2k generic football game.....microsoft works with 2k to build the ultimate game editor, essentially rendering exclusive licensing deals

who knows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 8

Why would they optimize anything for the ps3, when they could just put out garbage and it will be a million seller.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »