Home

AM I the ONLY who thinks letting your CPU RUN for you is lame?

This is a discussion on AM I the ONLY who thinks letting your CPU RUN for you is lame? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
AM I the ONLY who thinks letting your CPU RUN for you is lame?

Seriously why is this such an anticipated "new feature" to be able to control the blockers and let your CPU run the ball for you. Isn't that lame is hell?
I already have to deal with less skills players who allow their cpu to catch, defend passes, tackle, etc... for them as much as possible. Now if someone rungame sucks they can just let their CPU run for them!!!! i'm sorry but if anyone uses this you should pull your skirt up.

y2flyy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: AM I the ONLY who thinks letting your CPU RUN for you is lame?

Couple things:

1. you can switch back after making the block and..

2. the computer has always been able to run for you, you just dont press anything.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

I think you're being rather arrogant here.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Banned

arrogant? No I am just a gamer who likes to play real gamers that do things themselves. I can't believe these things are even allowed. I didn't notice until I started playing online a few years ago how lame alot of people are. Where I'm from, not catching your own passes and doing things yourself (defend and tackle). Would get you thrown out of the room or given a old atari sysytem to go play pac-man on.
Whats up with the acceptance of letting your cpu play for you?
How fun is it if in an Nba video game players allow the CPU to control SHAQ the whole game. Or in a baseball game someone allowing their cpu to hit for them or pitch for them. How is this stuff not lame?
I even hear excuses online "I don't have quick hands to switch over and control my reciever" or "i am not good at catching my own passes" or "if i would have switch over to the nearest defender you would have ran past me so I let the cpu man tackle you" what kind of stuff is this?

They even have options in the menu for CPU catch assist and CPU assist. What the heck is going on?

Last edited by y2flyy; 08-16-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy
Seriously why is this such an anticipated "new feature" to be able to control the blockers and let your CPU run the ball for you. Isn't that lame is hell?
I already have to deal with less skills players who allow their cpu to catch, defend passes, tackle, etc... for them as much as possible. Now if someone rungame sucks they can just let their CPU run for them!!!! i'm sorry but if anyone uses this you should pull your skirt up.

y2flyy
No it's not lame bud. Why is it that if someone plays a game different than you they are lame? When me and my nephews play we ONLY control ourselves(Created players) and no one else.
Let me ask this? Why draft a player with good BC vision, awareness etc and then negate that by controlling them?
I'm just asking. I could care less how others play the game, but to call them lame for not playing the way I do is childish.
Sounds like you need to grow up a little or maybe a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy
arrogant? No I am just a gamer who likes to play real gamers that do things themselves. I can't believe these things are even allowed. I didn't notice until I started playing online a few years ago how lame alot of people are. Where I'm from, not catching your own passes and doing things yourself (defend and tackle). Would get you thrown out of the room or given a old atari sysytem to go play pac-man on.
Whats up with the acceptance of letting your cpu play for you?
How fun is it if in an Nba video game players allow the CPU to control SHAQ the whole game. Or in a baseball game somone allowing their cpu to hit for them or pitch for them. How is this stuff not lame?
You say you're not arrogant right away; then you make an entire post proving your arrogance...
Old 08-16-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Just wait till you run into the Superstar players online who aren't used to calling plays or playing out of position. Guys will just be running routes and letting the CPU do the rest.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
No it's not lame bud. Why is it that if someone plays a game different than you they are lame? When me and my nephews play we ONLY control ourselves(Created players) and no one else.
Let me ask this? Why draft a player with good BC vision, awareness etc and then negate that by controlling them?
I'm just asking. I could care less how others play the game, but to call them lame for not playing the way I do is childish.
Sounds like you need to grow up a little or maybe a lot.
dude seriously how old are you? If you do anything in life thats lame whats wrong with me calling it that. The fact that you NEED CPU ASSISTANCE is super-lame. The people I am used to playing you either win or lose based on your individual skills in playing that particular game. But online someone can totally suck but let they're CPU play for them and its a competitive game b/c I am playing against the CPU (Superstar mode mind you) instead of that person's individual skills. He is basicially calling plays and controlling the qb that is it. lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »