Home

Injuries turned OFF for ranked games online.

This is a discussion on Injuries turned OFF for ranked games online. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Injuries turned OFF for ranked games online.

"just to note, I believe injuries are turned off for ranked games online. At least when you set up unranked games its default is OFF."
Pasta

It just gets worse for sim minded players..Johnny is upset cause Vick is out with a sprained ankle..EA says.."No worries young buck, injuries are now off for ranked games"..Gee Golly, you guys are the greatest.."Ah shucks".."Now run along, & keep running Vick 99% of the time".."As a added bonus, Vick won't get tired, cause we make games for ppl who don't give a &^^% about real football." "The people we really listen to" Sorry, but all this catering to the lowest common denominator (SP) is really killing me..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Injuries turned OFF for ranked games online.

Injuries have always been off for ranked games.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #3
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
"just to note, I believe injuries are turned off for ranked games online. At least when you set up unranked games its default is OFF."
Pasta

It just gets worse for sim minded players..Johnny is upset cause Vick is out with a sprained ankle..EA says.."No worries young buck, injuries are now off for ranked games"..Gee Golly, you guys are the greatest.."Ah shucks".."Now run along, & keep running Vick 99% of the time".."As a added bonus, Vick won't get tired, cause we make games for ppl who don't give a &^^% about real football." "The people we really listen to" Sorry, but all this catering to the lowest common denominator (SP) is really killing me..

Why is this an issue? Hasn't it been pretty much obvious from the very beginning of online Madden play that the people that play ranked games aren't looking for realism?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Why is this an issue? Hasn't it been pretty much obvious from the very beginning of online Madden play that the people that play ranked games aren't looking for realism?
That is true to a point. Some people just join the crowd and do what works. I am sure alot of people would enjoy the more with injuries/fatigue and a more realitic game of football. It is just another reson why they need to make to different games. Make a blitz style game for the asshats, and a sim game for people who like their football to play like football. THat or put it both in the same game. Give us some damn options.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
Injuries have always been off for ranked games.

No, they've been on for ranked games as long as I can remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 62

I remember seeing an interview with John Madden where he said he signed on with EA almost 20 years ago because they were looking to create the most realistic football game possible. Now, in the year 2006 this is apparently what the most realistic football game has become:
  • HOF players finding David Copperfield's Fountain of Youth and all returning for another run in the NFL. This thing must work real well, because aren't some of these HOFers dead?
  • No injuries on online play, I know I never see injuries when I watch football.
  • No fatigue. Well, I know MLB has a major steroids problem, I guess it creeped back into the NFL and has advanced to the point of completely negating the effects of fatigue.
We should be in for one helluva an NFL season, I for one cannot wait for Sammy Baugh to make that long awaited comeback. Afterall, "If it's in the game, it's in the game!" right?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

well I hope they release a demo soon...if the gameplay ain't good I'm not buying...in fact I'm gonna cancel my pre-order right now and save the extra credit for something else...and if reviews are good and EA in fact fixes the no fatigue problem then I'll buy it later on....but I'm actually enjoying the NCAA game...and it has fatigue and everything else...errr I was enjoying it but it won't play now....I wore it out...has a big circular scratch but my brother has a scratch remover so it's all good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »