Home

Are you still buying Madden 360 regardless of no fatigue?

This is a discussion on Are you still buying Madden 360 regardless of no fatigue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still buying Madden 360 regardless of no fatigue?
yes 141 57.32%
no 105 42.68%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #17
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Are you still buying Madden 360 regardless of no fatigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat9th
I honestly dont care about no fatigue.. sure it would be nice but not a game killer. What concerns me in the Qb running.
These seem quite connected to me.

A few scenarios for me...

I'll try to get some time in on a kiosk and/or wait for word on a patch. If the game is spectacular to the point where I feel I can ignore the fatigue issue, I may cop. The lack of gang tackling and player interaction(3+ players) makes this unlikely.

If they announce a patch, I'll cop. From what I've seen, the game looks good enough to play through the disappointment of no gang tackling & 3+ player interaction for ONE YEAR ONLY.

If the game is not as good as it looks and they don't patch the fatigue issue, I'll try to take advantage of someone else's disappointment, and get the game used if I can find it for $35 or so. Again, highly unlikely.

Finally, if none of the above pan out, I'll go a 4th straight year with no Madden. I'm still pissed I bought NCAA 07, which plays no where near as good as it looks IMO.

Last edited by BezO; 08-17-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

No buy from me until a patch comes out. What hurts is that Madden 07 looks tons better this year, and that all goes down the toilet. Man, this stinks!!!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 08-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
These seem quite connected to me.
Very true...if you're playing a lot online or offline vs. a human. If you play a lot of Franchise Mode, like I do, this isn't THAT big of a concern. Certainly not as big a deal as the HoF'ers showing up would've been.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not having fatigue sucks, but I will still buy it anyway. I'm not a big online guy, so the ability to exploit this doesn't really bother me. When I play my dynasty, I will make sure to sub out RB's and other players as if there were fatigue. And I won't just lay on the turbo button all the time either. Besides, I always thought the guys got too tired too quickly anyway.

The HOF thing does worry me, but it sounds like the workaround should be okay.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Very true...if you're playing a lot online or offline vs. a human. If you play a lot of Franchise Mode, like I do, this isn't THAT big of a concern. Certainly not as big a deal as the HoF'ers showing up would've been.
True. I'm mostly a franchise guy myself, and get some time in against friends on occasion. No online play for me.

I guess I'm anticipating RB abuse because of the lack of fatigue. Although I sub for situations, I rely on my sub settings to get my back-up backs to spell the starters. And I'm assuming this will also effect the CPU's subbing patterns, as well as fumbles.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:27 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 62

I was on the fence, and whereas any one of the issues may not have swayed me, the combined straws broke the purchasing camel's back.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm canceling my online pre-order...I'll take a wait and see approach...if I enjoy the Demo...which I hope is out soon, then I'll buy the game, eventually...the gameplay is what matters most...hopefully the fatigue problem will be fixed.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
Not having fatigue sucks, but I will still buy it anyway. I'm not a big online guy, so the ability to exploit this doesn't really bother me. When I play my dynasty, I will make sure to sub out RB's and other players as if there were fatigue.
What will you do about the CPU?

Eitehr way, you're more diligent me. I can't imagine how I would keep track of subs. I'm not going to constantly check how many carries my RB has. I can see me now, checking stats at the half, noticing my RB has 20 carries already. If I'm winning and want to work on the clock in the 2nd half, # of carries will be a problem in situations like this.

I'm as sim as anyone, but I rely on my sliders & settings to help keep me in check. Fatigue & sub sliders become null & void if there's no fatigue. And I can't sub for the CPU, which is who I play against 80% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »