Home

EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

This is a discussion on EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

The people here saying that consumers do not care about the quality of Madden and will buy it anyway are wrong! Proof is NHL 2005 which of course was awful and way over the top arcade and it flopped. People do care about quality especially when they are paying $60.00 Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise is a big deal to a lot of people. I predict that Madden will go the way of Triple Play Baseball and the sales will plummet maybe not this year but it is coming.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:44 PM   #58
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA's Response to Hall of Famers showing up in Franchise/Superstar Mode (XBox 360)

I actually like the idea of the HOF's showing up in the franchise
Old 08-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #59
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
You are under the mistaken impression that we're the target audience, aren't you?

We're not.

Sooner you understand that, sooner you'll get less agitated over the choices EA makes. I have no doubt that HOFers in franchise was intentional, as it's sells right to the majority of the gamers who buy Madden and want a team of 99+ players who win the Super Bowl each and every year.

That is Madden's key demographic. For the majority of players, HOFers in Franchise is a huge bonus.
I'm not mistaken about anything. You are.
Your theory is incredibly simple-minded. Sure, there's people who want 99-rated players and Hall of Famers, people who want to win every game 55-0 and go 16-0 every season en route to 20 straight Super Bowl wins. And sure, EA might want to cater to those 9-year-olds.
But it makes absolutely no sense that EA would make this the default setting, not promote this feature and then have some complicated fix for it. If EA wanted Hall of Famers in your 2006 dynasty, it would be a simple option to add H of F players in the settings. Right? Doesn't that make more sense? Well, doesn't it?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #60
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

What are the rating for HOF players does anybody know?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #61
LDC
Banned

OVR: 1

i dont see the big deal. load the online rosters and save them on ur hard drive. then load them up and start a franchise. i always do this anyone to get the lastest update. no big deal it takes a few minutes. fatigue that kind of sucks but maybe their isnt a option to turn it off like in years past maybe fatigue is in the game and u dont have an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #62
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Question:
Did I screw up already regarding Hall of Famers?
When I first loaded the game (very first time) I saved a roster and immediatley saved a Franchise, all good with this franchise. Now that I've played some games my default roster is getting littered with HOFers. I can live with that because I already have a saved franchise. Now, when EA releases a new roster file can I download and save it and immediatley start a franchise with that file and be free of HOFers? Is my Gamer Level going to interfere and am I stuck with default rosters for my Franchise (not the end of the world)?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 1

Glad i kept my xbox1 it seems like tons of stuff are screwed up with the 360 version.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #64
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Glad i kept my xbox1 it seems like tons of stuff are screwed up with the 360 version.
well thats next gen right now. They are still getting their feet wet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »