Home

PS2 HOF/FATIGUE QUESTION

This is a discussion on PS2 HOF/FATIGUE QUESTION within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
PS2 HOF/FATIGUE QUESTION

Im aware of the fatigue glitch on 360 and the HOF "issue" for rosters on 360, does this affect PS2 also, or will fatigue be the same as years past? Will we need to apply the same fix for the HOF issue, save a separate copy of the roster in franchise mode? Thanks for the heads up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: PS2 HOF/FATIGUE QUESTION

I imagine this will get locked, despite it not being related to the sticky (which is a 360 thread).

I suspect the fatigue issue will not exist, as the games are using two different engines. The Hall of Famers in franchise could be on current gen, as I would think EA could consider this a feature, much like in MVP Baseball when Hall of Famers would start showing up in Dynasty play; though I am not sure.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Nobody knows for sure if this affects the PS2 or XBox version of the game. Like Jimplication said, I doubt it, due to the fact that they are two seperate engines.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I imagine this will get locked, despite it not being related to the sticky (which is a 360 thread).

I suspect the fatigue issue will not exist, as the games are using two different engines. The Hall of Famers in franchise could be on current gen, as I would think EA could consider this a feature, much like in MVP Baseball when Hall of Famers would start showing up in Dynasty play; though I am not sure.
Hmmm.... I guess we'll see what EA's true intention was for the HOF unlockables, if the HOF's don't magically show up in the free agent pool of Franchise / Superstar mode in the current gen versions of the game.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Hmmm.... I guess we'll see what EA's true intention was for the HOF unlockables, if the HOF's don't magically show up in the free agent pool of Franchise / Superstar mode in the current gen versions of the game.
The prospect of including Legends in a dynasty is very intriguing to me. I think it would be a very fun dynasty if one were able to have a hybrid league, in which current players played alongside greats from past decades.

I don't think it would be ideal to have such greats in all created franchises by default, but an option to enable it would certainly open up the game to an extent beyond strictly using classic teams from the past.

Generally, I would say I support this inclusion of Legends in dynasty, but such support is grounded very heavily on the notion that such a feature can be enabled and disabled, and is not defaulted and unchangeable either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
The prospect of including Legends in a dynasty is very intriguing to me. I think it would be a very fun dynasty if one were able to have a hybrid league, in which current players played alongside greats from past decades.

I don't think it would be ideal to have such greats in all created franchises by default, but an option to enable it would certainly open up the game to an extent beyond strictly using classic teams from the past.

Generally, I would say I support this inclusion of Legends in dynasty, but such support is grounded very heavily on the notion that such a feature can be enabled and disabled, and is not defaulted and unchangeable either way.
If I were going to play a league like that, I'd want to start out doing a Fantasy Draft. That way, good QB's with 85+ ratings don't get stuck behind Terry Bradshaw on the depth chart.

Without it, imagine going into a game against the Falcons, being excited about playing against Vick, only to find out that Sammy Baugh is the starting QB instead, with Vick at #2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »