Home

A little birdy tells me you can see your opponent switch to a blocker

This is a discussion on A little birdy tells me you can see your opponent switch to a blocker within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: A little birdy tells me you can see your opponent switch to a blocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
It isn't great news, and it's not realistic, even if it does make the opponent think your going run. Whens the last time you saw a defense faked out in real life by a player icon appearing over the fullback. Faking out an opponent should have nothing to do with icons appearing a fullbacks head. Faking out an opponent should be based on smart play calling some artificial means.

You guys come up with some pretty good excuses though.
Your reply makes no sense!! First this is video game, Two in really life teams study each other tendency all the time so when a team in certain formation motion a FB to the right side runs the ball the defense keys on that the offensive notice this send FB that way but do some else like a playaction or run the other way. No video game no matter how great the technology will ever be able to copy the real game 100 percent.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #10
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
That is by design. We were told at Community Day that you would be able to see your opponent switch to a "lead blocker", but since you can do that on a pass play as well, it's just another way of bluffing your opponent.
This is what my point is. This actually makes the feature more useful, because you can bluff your opponent.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #11
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't see this as a big deal. When they had the icon glitch where you could tell if a guy was running or passing, it didn't matter much. They still have to know where you are running and they still have to stop you. It's another feature I doubt I will use anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
You have to realize that it is a video game. I could nitpick some more and say that the icons showing who you are during the play are un-realistic. The icon is there to show the guy who he is controlling.

This feature isn't useless if this is what EA intended. You could come up with positives for both ways but it is not useless.
An icon to represent who you are controlling is essential to the game. That feature has nothing to do with the opponent being able to for see what play you may call. The icon doesn't have to be there for both players and should only be shown on the persons screen who is controlling the game. In fact one of the advantages of online play is for more realistic play cause you aren't using the same screen. So you don't have any chance to cheat compared to playing side by side. But by leaving this icon on the screen for both players it essentially takes away that.

OH yea saying oh this is a video game so dumbing down the realism is ok is a weak argument imo, especially since we are talking about a game that is supposed to simulate real life as much as possible. Faking out an opponent with smart play calling is realistic, not by using some artificial means.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-17-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
Biting on a playaction as a LB in Madden usually doesn't do all that much unless you have the slowest.reflexes.ever. I see you controlling the right blocker, I'll chill with one of my ILBs (I run a 3-4) closest to that side. If you pass and I come charging at the line...well...your FB might be open in the flats. But...
There are plays where the FB blocks to one side and the HB runs to the opposite....
Old 08-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
There are plays where the FB blocks to one side and the HB runs to the opposite....

Using lead blocker control in a play like this would be pointless.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #15
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
Using lead blocker control in a play like this would be pointless.
So I guess blocking the backside DE on sweep would be pointless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 03:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
So I guess blocking the backside DE on sweep would be pointless

Pointless for the user to bother controlling, yeah. 9/10 the comp will make the right block in that case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »