Home

The cone was a brilliant idea. Here's why:

This is a discussion on The cone was a brilliant idea. Here's why: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
The cone was a brilliant idea. Here's why:

What else could stop someone from making Vince Young an MVP in his first season? The best thing it did, was make a quarterback's awareness matter for the first time. It made the game more realistic, and I know just about everyone here claims they desire "realistic football". Well ****, that was the most realistic implementation they've had in years, and most people refused to practise and get better at it. It actually helped you once you discovered it's uses. I hope it is an option this year for Madden. I know NCAA has it as an option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The cone was a brilliant idea. Here's why:

The cone was a good idea implemented poorly.

I hated using it.

However, if the made they cone automatically activate after...4 seconds in the pocket or after you drop back a certain distance from the line of scrimmage...I'd love it.

This would stop a lot of the cheese with the passing game and QB scrambling.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

I also like the cone but it's implementation in NCAA was watered down. I wish is could be on by default like last years Madden on Xbox, without having to move the stick to turn it on.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Implementation!

I don't want to play the user interface, I want to see a football game! Good points about awareness/head facing though, that stuff needs to be implemented, in some way other than the cone.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't like it not because it doesn't work but because they give all the black qb's super low awareness ratings thus small cones. For god sakes Kelly Holcomb from the Bills has the same awareness rating as McNabb the QB with the best winning percent in the NFL. :y4:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
I don't like it not because it doesn't work but because they give all the black qb's super low awareness ratings thus small cones. For god sakes Kelly Holcomb from the Bills has the same awareness rating as McNabb the QB with the best winning percent in the NFL. :y4:

RACE CARD ALERT
Old 08-17-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutwolf
RACE CARD ALERT

Race Card is the dumbest close minded phrase of the 21st century. It's used as an excuse to ignore obvious racial issues. Are you saying what I said isn't true? Just play Madden or check out the awareness ratings. If anything EA is the one that is making it a race issue by giving black star qb's sub-standard awareness ratings compared to white back up qb's. I'm not saying McNabb is more aware than Tom Brady but he is more aware than Eli Manning (who has the same awr rating), Kelly Holcomb, and Jake Delhomme. Any football fan of any color would tell you that.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:23 PM   #8
Pro

kapo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
you do know you can lock onto receivers instead of moving that clumbsy right stick dont you? Anyways I have mixed opinions on the ole flashlight, it was great at keeping the scrambling cheesers in line to an extent but with any other normal qb it just wasted unnnecessary time in the pocket getting you sacked. Just another extra button that shouldn't have to be pushed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »