Home

BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #169
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
IGN reported it.

What's the NCAA issue that EA is fixing ?? I'm lost

PSN: hoos4974
Old 08-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #170
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier4974
What's the NCAA issue that EA is fixing ?? I'm lost
PSP issue, nothing for the consoles. Basically, the PSP version of NCAA is 2 hands touch, once you are touched, you are down.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #171
Rookie

OVR: 4

I remain a skeptic with regards to the fatigue issue. From what has been reported that Madden producer Ortiz has said, it is very unclear if, even after the patch, fatigue will be modeled with any kind of authenticty.

Now maybe the patch will work well and good, and the very shy Ortiz just didn't get good info out, but last I checked fatigue will do more than "cause fumbles" which Ortiz implied was the only effect of fatigue:

Run Slower
Decrease Tackling ability
Decrease offensive/defensive awareness
Decrease catching ability
Progressive increase in amount of recovery time needed
Separates deep teams from those with a shallow bench
A lot of other subtle effects

At the very least the Madden team (especially Ortiz) are guilty of extremely piss poor communications with the fanbase (not to mention the obviously fabricated lies), he should call or have people from EA contacting Sdrotar, RAC, etc.. with DAILY updates and CLEAR information about what is going on. There are lots of examples of dev teams with way way less resources that do a far better job of communicating with fans and treating them with respect.

I'm not going to open the box until I can see that the patch actually fixes the issue rather than some kludge fumble joke.

Last edited by Foddzy; 08-22-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #172
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
I remain a skeptic with regards to the fatigue issue. From what has been reported that Madden producer Ortiz has said, it is very unclear if, even after the patch, fatigue will be modeled with any kind of authenticty.

Last I checked fatigue will do more than "cause fumbles" which Ortiz implied was the only effect of fatigue:

Run Slower

At the very least the Madden team (especially Ortiz) are guilty of extremely piss poor communications with the fanbase (not to mention the obviously fabricated lies), he should call or have people from EA contacting Sdrotar, RAC, etc.. with DAILY updates and CLEAR information about what is going on. There are lots of examples of dev teams with way way less resources that do a far better job of communicating with fans and treating them with respect.

I'm not going to open the box until I can see that the patch actually fixes the issue rather than some kludge fumble joke.
Same deal for me, I played the game at my friend's place last night, and it played a great game of football and all that, but over the long haul I'm going to need the depth that the dynamic of fatigue adds in both general and franchise/SS gameplay. My game is on the way from EA (got the 39.99 HoF mistake/deal) but I won't open it unitl I get confirmation that this patch fixes the issue to my satisfaction. If not, well I'll make a profit from returning the game.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #173
Rookie

MSUDawg68's Arena

OVR: 1

I program of a living so I'd like to say that programming does take some time, esp. when you are trying to fix an error. Though the result of the error may be obvious (such as no fatigue), what exactly is causing it to do that may not be obvious. However.. that's about all the support I can give EA, because they are notorious for saying "we'll have this issue fixed quickly" and then it take months to happen. See BF2. Or see Nascar Sim Racing, when they never fixed it at all.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #174
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy

Now maybe the patch will work well and good, and the very shy Ortiz just didn't get good info out, but last I checked fatigue will do more than "cause fumbles" which Ortiz implied was the only effect of fatigue:

Run Slower

I agree 100%. I DID open the game and play it, and it's fun. But if they don't fix the fatigue problem, I will be upset to say the least. I know EA bashing is frowned upon here, but they do so many things half-azzed it amazes me. I could give a whole laundry list of complaints about EA's next-gen offerings, but I will refrain from that here. Lucky for them they are the only game in town, cause they really have no good excuses.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-22-2006, 03:37 PM   #175
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Same deal for me, I played the game at my friend's place last night, and it played a great game of football and all that, but over the long haul I'm going to need the depth that the dynamic of fatigue adds in both general and franchise/SS gameplay. My game is on the way from EA (got the 39.99 HoF mistake/deal) but I won't open it unitl I get confirmation that this patch fixes the issue to my satisfaction. If not, well I'll make a profit from returning the game.
I am with you on this one..matter of fact this the first year i didn't staight up buy Madden upon release...I however did rent it (have free rentals cupons)and it actually plays a good game of football (360) but without fatigue and the realism it brings to the game I can't see myself giving up 60 bones for a flawed game with a feature that was supposed to be implemented correctly..if there isn't a patch made or a corrected set of discs in the future it will remain what it is a rental!!!...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »