Home

BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: BREAKING NEWS: EA Update Coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
lol - guess I'm one of them. A legitimate complaint is construed as hating? I'm glad they're going to be able to patch the fatigue, and there's a workaround for the HoF issue. But if I have a legitimate complaint about a game issue (such as the seeming ease of QBs getting outside the pocket) and I articulate it without repeating myself over and over, I wouldn't want that construed as b!tching. While I agree there are some that are just around to bash, the game had issues other than the two major ones that cropped up over the past couple days.

Do you have the game? There have been people that have already said the QB scrambling wasn't as bad as NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #26
Pro

GP Mercy's Arena

OVR: 9

:reds mile:

Words cannot show how happy I am. I'm still getting Madden 07 after the release!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Somehow people who hate EA will find away to bash them..
I know. It is pathetic. Either you enjoy the game or you don't
Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #28
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

preety nice news, Good job EA, I guess I can pick Madden after all...Thanks
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
lol - guess I'm one of them. A legitimate complaint is construed as hating? I'm glad they're going to be able to patch the fatigue, and there's a workaround for the HoF issue. But if I have a legitimate complaint about a game issue (such as the seeming ease of QBs getting outside the pocket) and I articulate it without repeating myself over and over, I wouldn't want that construed as b!tching. While I agree there are some that are just around to bash, the game had issues other than the two major ones that cropped up over the past couple days.
Good post, Spazz. These people don't realize that, but for the complainers, they'd be playing the broken crap that EA pumps out and liking it.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

Truly good news....funny thing will be to watch the various forums for the relatively few number of replies to a "good news" thread versus a "this sucks, EA is SATAN" thread.

I have come to terms with that kind of mentality but it doesn't make it any less sad in the short term.

With a correct fatigue mechanic, this version of Madden will be a very enjoyable game for all 360 NFL fans. It won't be perfect by a long shot, but it will be miles better than the 2006 version. I am quite certain there are many people right now pulling some seriously long hours down at EA-Tiburon to get this patch into effect (whether or not it should have been caught in the first place is a bit irrelevant now), so kudos to them for responding to the needs of their product and their consumers in a timely manner.

Many people won't bother to say it, but I am grateful that those folks do in fact care enough about the quality of their product to make this effort. I never like to see glitches in a game, but if anything good can come of it maybe it is this : experience at developing patches for Madden. Maybe that will increase the likelihood of future patches to gameplay issues down the road...

Last edited by Moostache; 08-17-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #31
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
Good post, Spazz. These people don't realize that, but for the complainers, they'd be playing the broken crap that EA pumps out and liking it.
I agree. If no one pointed out the issues would EA (or any other developer) care to fix them?
Now if you're posting post after post with the same complaint then that's another thing.
It's not the complaining that bothers me, it's the EA Excuse crews that whine about the complaints that rub me the wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #32
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I give EA props for addressing this right away. It would have been a shame for the improvements they made on this year's version to be overshadowed by that bug. I would not have purchased it, un-patched.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »