Home

EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale yet.

This is a discussion on EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale yet. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale yet.

If Madden had been released already EA would not have resonded so quickly if at all. Since they don't already have their initial 500,000 to 1,000,000 unit sales they are in full damage control mode and doing whatever they can to ensure their big payday on Aug. 22. This is not about EA making it's customers happy, it's about the bottom line.

This is the first time in my memory where a HUGE gamekiller (for many people) was found in Madden before launch day and EA is panicking. In 10+ years I had never considered not buying a version of Madden. EA realized a lot of people feel like me and this and is why they were so quick to announce a patch for the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale

well... as long as they fix it.. it doesn't matter to me... because of no fatigue, i wasn't going to get the game, but now that their on and fixing it.. i'm back on the "i'll be sure to get it after some impressions" boat..
Old 08-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
well... as long as they fix it.. it doesn't matter to me... because of no fatigue, i wasn't going to get the game, but now that their on and fixing it.. i'm back on the "i'll be sure to get it after some impressions" boat..
Word! I'm not sure if I'm going to get the game yet, but I could care less about the reason they fix it. Without the fix, it was a definite no-purchase for me as well.

I mean, they only make the game because they expect profits. If I was concerned about company's motivations for being in business, I would never buy anything. It's almost always for profit.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:33 AM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA was quick to announce a patch for fatigue ONLY because the game isn't on sale yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
If Madden had been released already EA would not have resonded so quickly if at all. Since they don't already have their initial 500,000 to 1,000,000 unit sales they are in full damage control mode and doing whatever they can to ensure their big payday on Aug. 22. This is not about EA making it's customers happy, it's about the bottom line.

This is the first time in my memory where a HUGE gamekiller (for many people) was found in Madden before launch day and EA is panicking. In 10+ years I had never considered not buying a version of Madden. EA realized a lot of people feel like me and this and is why they were so quick to announce a patch for the game.
So you're unhappy because you don't thinks EA's motives here are sufficiently "pure"? Ooooooooh-kay...

Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Since my thread was locked I'll cut-and-paste my thoughts:

Since we know EA devs browse the boards from time to time:

With all the HOF and Fatigue negativity lately, I really see why the devs feel bad when people jump the gun and bash them and thier product which they have put hard worked tim, effort and energy into.

I would like to give props to EA for not only addressing these pressing issues (workarounds and patch info) but total kudos for the timely fashion and responses to the community.

Once again devs: Thanks for the timely responses and looking forward to the product! - now get that patch out soon please!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

This should have gone into the thread we already have about the patch. I'm locking this up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »