Home

Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions.

This is a discussion on Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Current Gen Xbox Questions and impressions.

Is Create a Team Still in?

Is Tony Bruno still in?

Is IR fixed (if you put a guy on IR does it free up a roster spot to get someone else)?

Any new commentary from Michaels and Madden or is it all the same as last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
Is Create a Team Still in?

Is Tony Bruno still in?

Is IR fixed (if you put a guy on IR does it free up a roster spot to get someone else)?

Any new commentary from Michaels and Madden or is it all the same as last year?
All that stuff is still in the game. The commentary seems identical to last year. I'll try to check on the IR status but I doubt they fixed it.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #27
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Does the current gen have in game saves?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #28
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I simulated a Season. All pro 5 min

Rushing leaders
Tomilinson 2075 yds, 15 TD, 5.2 Avg
T. Barber 1809 yds, 9 TD, 4.9 Avg
W.McGahee 1675 10 TD, 4.1 Avg

Kinda Strange Stat, Ben Watson Te New England was the leader the league in receptions with 94.

Redskins won the superbowl 17 to 10 over the Jaguars.
Thanks! did you happen to see any backup stats? For instance, it would be good to see how many carries Tomlinson's, Barber's and McGahee's backups got.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:44 PM   #29
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

unfortunately i just reserved my game today and cant pick it up until the 22nd. but just reading the posts are making me drool. im gonna have to have ncaa hold me over for a few more days but it's hard. i even contemplated picking up madden 06 after selling it off when reserving my 07 just to get back into the "madden zone"
Old 08-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #30
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

did anyone find any flaws in ss mode this year besides the difficult camera i hear about? im really excited to start this mode this year. it sounds pretty awesome that you actually half to earn your starting job unlike last year where you automatically started, if only they made ncaa that way
Old 08-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Does the current gen have in game saves?
Xbox has in game saves AND replay saves. CONFIRMED!!!

Superstar is pretty damn addictive even though I suck. It's tough being a WR. I had a game where I had 3 catches for 72 yards and 2 TD's. Then the next week 0 for 0. The following week 2 for 20 and got injured in the beginning of the 3rd and had to watch the rest. I am waiting for this damn game to end. DAMMIT, lost 17-20. I thought the Titans sucked so I demanded a trade and ended up on the Ravens. Gee, I should've seen that coming. Titans to Ravens. Well, Steve McNair sucks (not that there's anything wrong with that!) and I am gonna stick it out, so I can learn a few things and then demand a trade in the offseason.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... HOW THE FUGG DO I HOOK MY RECEIVER? He just stops and backs up! WTF?

Last edited by dizturbd; 08-19-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2006, 11:56 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Superstar on current gen is average at best...the draft ai is absurd...everytime I made a back with a OVR of 85-88 i was drafted by a team with a great/good/young running back....finally i made one that has a 90 OVR and i was taken by the packers (which need a back) btu then the playcalling is very very conservative....I have never ran so many dives and draws...how often do teams run screens 3 times on the same drive?...the audibles called by the cpu are very poor...almost every audible they called was the same!! I was already runnign a dive to the right, why audible to a dive to the right? I played one game as the starting back with the packers and it was horrid...farve went 12-34 with 3 ints. I rushed 33 times for 88 yards. We won, but thats only because Rex Grossman threw 5 ints. 3 of which were thrown to Charles Woodson. SS needs alot of fixing. Play calling AI, draft AI both need a major update/revision....for them hyping it as much as they did, u would figure its be alot smoother...but for now its back to franchise for me....we'll see on tuesday how bad it is on 360...i have a feeling ill be franchising alot there too.

oh yea this is on all pro with default sliders

Last edited by XorCist; 08-20-2006 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »