Home

Madden on Wii will at least be ...

This is a discussion on Madden on Wii will at least be ... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Madden on Wii will at least be ...

different.

I'm looking forward to it more than the 360 version. I have my 360 version ready to pick up and am looking forward to it but I can't WAIT until I get my hands on the Wii version!

Anyone else think the Wii version will be more fun than the other console versions?

We shall see...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden on Wii will at least be ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
different.

I'm looking forward to it more than the 360 version. I have my 360 version ready to pick up and am looking forward to it but I can't WAIT until I get my hands on the Wii version!

Anyone else think the Wii version will be more fun than the other console versions?

We shall see...

Umm...no. Imo flicking the controller around while at the same time using the stick to move your player is a surefire recipe for frustration. I'll pass.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Yes, I do. I think the control scheme offered by the Wii controller will make this game next-gen, not improved graphics.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-22-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Yes, I do. I think the control scheme offered by the Wii controller will make this game next-gen, not improved graphics.

Take care,
PK
That's good, since the graphics are exactly the same as the ps2/xbox versions that so many people here at OS have spent the last five years bitching about.

Enjoy.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's good, since the graphics are exactly the same as the ps2/xbox versions that so many people here at OS have spent the last five years bitching about.

Enjoy.
Well, I wasn't one of those b*tching. I play games for gameplay, not graphics.

If the gameplay is good and the new controller offers an innovative experience, I could give six sh*ts about whether the field degrades or whether Joe Blow is wearing a Nike sweatband on his arm.

It's about the gameplay, not the graphics. If I want to look at pretty pictures, I'll go to an art museum.

Take care,
PK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Take care,
PK
I haven't followed it much, so I will ask. How does the controller layout make it next gen?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Well, I wasn't one of those b*tching. I play games for gameplay, not graphics.

If the gameplay is good and the new controller offers an innovative experience, I could give six sh*ts about whether the field degrades or whether Joe Blow is wearing a Nike sweatband on his arm.

It's about the gameplay, not the graphics. If I want to look at pretty pictures, I'll go to an art museum.

Take care,
PK
From the vids I've seen the gameplay also appears to be exactly the same as current-gen, except that you'll be wildly flailing your arms around the room to do the same things you do on Xbox/PS2 by pushing buttons.

The wii is an interesting concept, and there are some games where it's control scheme will be cool. I just don't think Madden is one of those games.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I haven't followed it much, so I will ask. How does the controller layout make it next gen?
The controller essentially becomes an extension of your hand, which moves in motions you're trying to mimic on the screen instead of pushing a button.

For example, to hike the ball, you flick the controller back toward you. To hand off the ball, you snap it to your left or right side. To throw the ball, you flick it forward left or right after picking your receiver with a button press. The harder you flick, the harder the pass. Etc., etc.

Here's a hands-on preview from E3 last May:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707303p1.html

The images with that preview also include charts showing the various motions used to perform basic football functions with the Wii controller:

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/825/825443/imgs_1.html

Take care,
PK

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »