Home

Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

This is a discussion on Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

The interception problem is what killed NCAA '07 360 for me, my players (non controlled) were pulling down way too many ints regardless of slider tweaks to the max.

I'm keeping tabs on posts about ints in Madden; no warning lights yet, but this is the sort of thing that takes many many games played to see where the statistical trends go.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

ok... i can confirm this game has the same problem... maybe not that bad but still.. as ncaa has.

Picks are a problem.

I played Colts vs 49ers... we all know Manning.. well.. the game was fun.. the first 2 drives.. because seein all the audibles, ---- etc it was cool... of course all that went away when manning decide to throw a pass to the wrong player.. yeah... picked off.. ok.. 1 pick... the next drive... picked off.. again.. 2 picks in the 1st quarter :/

I dedice to restart the game.. but with sliders at 0 on INterceptions... guess what?.. first pass attempt... picked of by Walt Harris ... oh god!... So i quited and restart a new franchise with the 49ers... defautl sliders... just to see how it is when you play at franchise.. ok... hwo about this.. warner threw 4 picks on 14 attempts... thatīs right... 4 picks on only 14 attempts...

I think we are looking at the new next engine problem... Interceptions.

RIght now i think the only solution is to bump to all madden.. but then, my D wonīt play as good as they should... but i donīt see any other choice.. i tried to set Picks at 0 but i didnīt see any improvement whatsoever.

Too bad because i love how it play at All pro... my only problem are the picks...
Old 08-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
Rookie

That is worrysome Booker, I'd like to see that same game replayed at least 10 times though before making a preliminary conclusion on non controlled players and interceptions.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Maybe you shoudl try to play a game against the Colts and see if Payton throws any - or the Pats.
Manning threw 7 int's against me on all-madden......Deangelo Hall had 5....****n a cover three against the colts.....manning will try to force a bullet pass on a streak route and the DB will be sitting on the pick.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
Manning threw 7 int's against me on all-madden......Deangelo Hall had 5....****n a cover three against the colts.....manning will try to force a bullet pass on a streak route and the DB will be sitting on the pick.
yeah.. it seems no matter what QB you are they all are doomed to throw picks...

At first i thought it was better than ncaa.. but now i feel is the same thing... 3 picks per game will be the avg for every player... i lead the NCAA on picks : / wich sucks... but i didnīt find any other solution.. iīm afraid it will be the same on madden.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have had Maden since Friday and every game that I have played offline have included at least one interception returned for a touchdown. In two games, my team interecepted 3 passes and returned them for td in a span of two minutes.

This happened on pro and all pro
Old 08-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

played 1 game and there were 0 Ints today. Played 3 seasons of NCAA and had very realistic INT #'s with some proper slider tweaking. Not worried one bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 05:26 PM   #16
Rookie

I feel that certain defenses work way too good against the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »