Home

Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

This is a discussion on Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #33
D*lph*ns m*k* m* cry

OVR: 13
Re: Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

I am seeing a bit too much too.Same thing in NCAA.It is a problem not a game killer but definitey annoying.I just think EA decided to go overboard on the turnovers this year for some reason.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #34
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I see A LOT as well. I have only played exhibition games so far on default all pro, and have yet to catch less than 3 picks. Some user some not.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm playing all-pro default. I just got my first pick in my 4th game with the Falcons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #36
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

In NCAA i played on all pro (or one below heisman) and had no prob with picks or fumbles. Hopefully its the same with madden....
Old 08-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #37
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

No matter what team I play with I get at least 3 picks a game. I wish I knew how to tone it down.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #38

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Im running into the same thing, Im playing SS mode and Pummer is awful, and every QB I play against isnt much better. Plummer at this point through 5 games has thrown 5 td's and 12 int's and everyone else I play against isnt any better. The problems happen when the QB forces the ball and makes rediculous reads at times.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #39
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

yeap.. there is a problem with the engine i guess.... ncaa and madden seems to have the same issues.. i avg 3 picks per game.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:08 AM   #40
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
ok.. iīll try to be more specific..

It may be... may be... true that iīm a bit "paranoic" because we all know how it was at ncaa version... pick after pick... anyways...

My first game... was 49ers vs Arizona.. i was the 49ers... We all remember when arizona was the worst team in the league but Warner is a very good QB... and i was pissed when my really ugly defense (49ers) picked him twice... Ok.. i said.. only 2 picks.. is not bad...

Then i played the saints vs the Cowboys.. i was the saints.. and bledsoe got hurt so romo took his place.. he threw again..2 picks.. again i said ok... is not bad... 2 picks can happen...

on my 3rd game.. his QB didnīt throw a pick.. so i was soo happy... i played a 4rd game... why i did that... his QB.. A.Brooks threw 3 picks before haltime... 1 pick after 1 pick... it was sooooooo much as NCAA... in 2 min i took that game... and he has only 10 att.. so.. 3 picks on 10 attemps... BAD really BAD...

All this pick were NONE user controlled.. it means my CPU teammates picked the passes.. not myself....

I want to know from others players and their experience, because i donīt want to start tweaking anything yet... as i said before.. i may be a bit paranoic about interceptions because i played ncaa a lot.
I don't play madden.... but the one thing that 2K5 does alot is INT's.... the one thing that fix this problem was my run/pass ratio... when I stopped trying to pass pass pass.... and change to a more NFL run run pass.... my INT's dropped dramatically..... you could even tell that the DB's were in pass coverage playing way off the LOS.... running the ball forces the DB's to play up close to the LOS... whereby leaving the way clear to audible into a pass.....

I've always felt that the madden AI was pass friendly... but if the AI has been shored up.... you need to make you run/pass ratio more even....

What is you run to pass ratio...???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »