Home

Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

This is a discussion on Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #49

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
now my question is.. there are any way to prevent this?... i tried all madden but the QB still throws a lot of picks there...

On ncaa i lead the ncaa.. and this year.. on my first game i got 4 picks (heisman with INT user at 0)... wich seems like it will be another year of the same.
Im not sure if there is a fix, I hate to keep talking about it and dwell on it but since the fatigue hasnt been patched Im only messing around on SS until the patch comes out and the QB play is killing it for me. Plummer is horrible, when I play other teams they were horrible until I moved the QB accuracy to 100 and my int's down to 0 and they are struggling percentage wise but are still forcing passes into coverage. Next year they need to either give us a slider for intelligence for the QB pocition or make a rating for reading coverage, cause at this point the awareness rating is worthless.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
now my question is.. there are any way to prevent this?... i tried all madden but the QB still throws a lot of picks there...

On ncaa i lead the ncaa.. and this year.. on my first game i got 4 picks (heisman with INT user at 0)... wich seems like it will be another year of the same.
All-Pro /PS2

Hum / CPU

QB 10/11
PBK 2/2
WR 11/11
RBA 10/11
RBK 2/2

AWR 4/10
KND 0/0
INT 0/0
BB 0/0
TKL 0/0

I play as the RDT and then switch to swat / pick with a DB...

I'm using the Bills and am only getting about 0-1 per game with these sliders...

Stats are solid...pancakes, DFL's...

Works for me...

Bottom line:

Drop your D-AWR as low as possible as well as KND and INT with a boost in CPU QBA...

Last edited by Mr. JimmyFly; 08-28-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #51
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Thank you for the post, but since you are playing Ps2 system it won´t help. I have the xbox version and it plays great on this subject.. it hava other issues, but it don´t have this interceptions as bad as on the 360.

If someone wich the 360 find a solution to avoid getting 3/2 picks per game.. pls post.

I know 2 or 3 picks aren´t out of this world.. but when you get 2 or 3 picks AVERAGE PER GAME, is bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 02:10 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

the wierd thing is they come in spurts for me.for example i play on all pro with ints at 0 and i play as the eagles. i had 3 ints in 4 games of the preseason but 3 were in one game against boller none against any of the other qbs. then 1st game of reg season 7 against carr. then 2nd game 1 against manning third 5 against alex smith then 1 against farve and 0 against romo so all total i have 17 in 9 games. about 2 per game but they dont happen all the time. it seems to happen alot against ****ty qbs as if i had only gotten 1 against carr smith and boller i would instead have 5 in 9 games. even 2 thats 8 in 9 games but no 15 combined against those three and 2 in the other 6 games combined. dammit almost so good. seems to be no fix ill just live with it i guess.
m's 0
seahawks 0
sonics 1
storm 1
Felix Hernandez=cy young!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #53
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I usually only control my Linebackers and Defensive Line, and I do not get more than 2-3 picks a game. I have also had several games with 0-1. I think one of the problems with the picks is that a lot of you are too familar with Madden.

I stopped playing Madden when Gameday first came out on the PS2 and then I moved to the 2K series. Now that I am back to Madden, I am no where near as good as I was in 2K. This of course makes Madden more of a challenge to me.

Madden has made some improvements, but overall the feel of the game is very similar to past versions. I obviously do not know all of your situations, but I bet most of you have been playing this game for 15+ years. If this is the case, many of you are just too good to play the CPU in my opinion.

Unless Madden completely changes their engine, most of you will have this and other problems for years to come. I also only have time to play 2-4 games per week which keeps games fresh since I don't master them so quickly.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:51 AM   #54
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roonoc
the wierd thing is they come in spurts for me.for example i play on all pro with ints at 0 and i play as the eagles. i had 3 ints in 4 games of the preseason but 3 were in one game against boller none against any of the other qbs. then 1st game of reg season 7 against carr. then 2nd game 1 against manning third 5 against alex smith then 1 against farve and 0 against romo so all total i have 17 in 9 games. about 2 per game but they dont happen all the time. it seems to happen alot against ****ty qbs as if i had only gotten 1 against carr smith and boller i would instead have 5 in 9 games. even 2 thats 8 in 9 games but no 15 combined against those three and 2 in the other 6 games combined. dammit almost so good. seems to be no fix ill just live with it i guess.
Do you notice a lot of your picks coming at the end of the second quarter? The computer always tries to move the ball downfield with a minute or less and sometimes they'll throw multiple picks in a row.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #55
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Do you notice a lot of your picks coming at the end of the second quarter? The computer always tries to move the ball downfield with a minute or less and sometimes they'll throw multiple picks in a row.
I've noticed that. I'm 5-0 in my franchise and it is basically only because of the turnovers the CPU does. I'm playing on All-Pro. I'm loving the way the game is playing, all the stats are realistic, but because of the turnovers I'm scoring 30+ points every game. The first quarter usually sees almost no scoring, then I'll put up 21 in the 2nd.

Looking at the end game stats all my offensive numbers are all within realistic levels, but because of all my great filed position I'm totally outscoring my opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 11:36 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
but are still forcing passes into coverage. Next year they need to either give us a slider for intelligence for the QB pocition or make a rating for reading coverage, cause at this point the awareness rating is worthless.
Exactly what I was thinking, and this is on 360 too by the way. It seems that no matter what slider adjustments I make, if I play on all-pro, the cpu tries to force the ball into a well-covered zone, which ends up being an easy pick. The only thing I've seen that has improved this has been by bumping the difficulty up to all-madden, and then adjusting the sliders to cut down on some of the other cpu advantages, in an attempt to increase the overall decision making by the cpu. I just boosted my def awareness, tackling, pass and run blocking to 75, then cut the cpu down to 25 for those, and 0 for interceptions for both sides.
Seems to be working so far, haven't gotten more than 1 pick in a game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »