Home

Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

This is a discussion on Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2006, 02:27 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

i played 4 games so far at madden 360...

2 picks on the first game, 2 picks on the second... 0 picks on the third game and finally 3 picks (at halftime, i quit after the 3rd pick ) on my fourth.

So... itīs me or they AI has the same problem throwing picks as ncaa has?

ANyone notice this?

I donīt want to start tweaking sliders so soon... i want to be 100% there is a mistake before starting to tweaking them.

Btw this is at All pro.. i donīt want to move to all madden since AP is good so far.. my only problems are the amoung of picks..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Again.. does the AI throw a lot of picks or what?

2 picks in a given game is not unrealistic. What QB's threw the picks, in how many attempts, against which defenses?

A quick look at stats show that mose QBs average about .75 - 1 per game, though some are higher - Favre avg almost 2. I think you get more in Play Now games too, but I may be wrong about that.

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 08-22-2006 at 02:41 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-22-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i played 4 games so far at madden 360...

2 picks on the first game, 2 picks on the second... 0 picks on the third game and finally 3 picks (at halftime, i quit after the 3rd pick ) on my fourth.

So... itīs me or they AI has the same problem throwing picks as ncaa has?

ANyone notice this?

I donīt want to start tweaking sliders so soon... i want to be 100% there is a mistake before starting to tweaking them.

Btw this is at All pro.. i donīt want to move to all madden since AP is good so far.. my only problems are the amoung of picks..
How many picks are USER and how many by your CPU controlled teammates? I'm just wondering... I thought the turnovers in NCAA tied in with the Momentum meter, but if TOs are prevelant in Madden too it is most likely some other type of AI issue.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

When I played exhibition games the interceptions were really realistic. When I started SS mode, my QB, Smith would throw 2-3 interceptions in the first half. (Pre-season) I play defense by the way so I don't influence anything. When Dilfer came in, he threw none.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

ok.. iīll try to be more specific..

It may be... may be... true that iīm a bit "paranoic" because we all know how it was at ncaa version... pick after pick... anyways...

My first game... was 49ers vs Arizona.. i was the 49ers... We all remember when arizona was the worst team in the league but Warner is a very good QB... and i was pissed when my really ugly defense (49ers) picked him twice... Ok.. i said.. only 2 picks.. is not bad...

Then i played the saints vs the Cowboys.. i was the saints.. and bledsoe got hurt so romo took his place.. he threw again..2 picks.. again i said ok... is not bad... 2 picks can happen...

on my 3rd game.. his QB didnīt throw a pick.. so i was soo happy... i played a 4rd game... why i did that... his QB.. A.Brooks threw 3 picks before haltime... 1 pick after 1 pick... it was sooooooo much as NCAA... in 2 min i took that game... and he has only 10 att.. so.. 3 picks on 10 attemps... BAD really BAD...

All this pick were NONE user controlled.. it means my CPU teammates picked the passes.. not myself....

I want to know from others players and their experience, because i donīt want to start tweaking anything yet... as i said before.. i may be a bit paranoic about interceptions because i played ncaa a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
ok.. iīll try to be more specific..

It may be... may be... true that iīm a bit "paranoic" because we all know how it was at ncaa version... pick after pick... anyways...

My first game... was 49ers vs Arizona.. i was the 49ers... We all remember when arizona was the worst team in the league but Warner is a very good QB... and i was pissed when my really ugly defense (49ers) picked him twice... Ok.. i said.. only 2 picks.. is not bad...

Then i played the saints vs the Cowboys.. i was the saints.. and bledsoe got hurt so romo took his place.. he threw again..2 picks.. again i said ok... is not bad... 2 picks can happen...

on my 3rd game.. his QB didnīt throw a pick.. so i was soo happy... i played a 4rd game... why i did that... his QB.. A.Brooks threw 3 picks before haltime... 1 pick after 1 pick... it was sooooooo much as NCAA... in 2 min i took that game... and he has only 10 att.. so.. 3 picks on 10 attemps... BAD really BAD...

All this pick were NONE user controlled.. it means my CPU teammates picked the passes.. not myself....

I want to know from others players and their experience, because i donīt want to start tweaking anything yet... as i said before.. i may be a bit paranoic about interceptions because i played ncaa a lot.
Maybe you shoudl try to play a game against the Colts and see if Payton throws any - or the Pats.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Maybe you shoudl try to play a game against the Colts and see if Payton throws any - or the Pats.
Good idea...iīll do that later tonight... iīll play against the colts... up to 2 picks is acceptable, even for manning.. more than 2 picks.. the game need some slider tweaking.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

have you watched A Brooks this year?? he sucks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »