Home

Laughable...

This is a discussion on Laughable... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Laughable...

Ok, I have been a football gamer for a long time, not just a football gamer, but a madden gamer from the early days. I have been a Madden Loyalist thru out the years. I have to say, what EA is pushing out on the "next gen" 360 system is a joke of a football game. Sure, gameplay is there....BUT WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYTHING ELSE.

You have a company here, that when they where finally pushed interms of an overall presentation of a game with what 2kSports put out in NFL 2k5, went out, bought the exclusive rights to the NFL and now puts this out as our only football option on the only next gen system out currently. EA, you should be ashamed.

Like i said, I am a maddenite, from the words video game football. In terms of gameplay and fun, I always thought madden was tops. 2k5 blew me away in terms of presentation and as far as stat overlays, commentary, highlights and the general atmosphere they brought to a game of football. How is it possible for the masses to swallow what EA is selling in terms of presentation that the 360 version currently offers. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR 2 YEARS NOW EA!!!??? How does a company such as EA, see the standard that 2k5 brought into the relm and then offers us "local broadcasting" as the step to the future. I have been more excited watching ants build an ant hill on a sweltering summer day then the broadcast of these games. Do you call pans of a stadium's iron gate presentation? No gang tackling? Does the same jumping player animation before a game excite anyone? How does a game on current gen systems have better player models then a next gen system. I am no 2k5 fan boy or what ever you guys call it....but if you can not see that we have been had as football video game customers, then I have no answer for you. The exclusive rights deal has killed football gaming. No CPU vs CPU fans of coach mode game. What you have to do, is go buy that joke of another game EA put out to make you spend double the money. And how DOES THIS GAME NOT HAVE MULTIPLE CAMERA ANGLES!!!!! Simply fustrating.

I am just shocked. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first year. But this second installment is just the same game with a polish. If anyone is expecting some revolutionary stuff to hit in 08, you have to wake up. EA, I am truely dissapointed.

Signed,

A sad gamer who is bored of the old........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Laughable...

Please use the impressions thread, thanks.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »