Home

Game (360) very choppy?

This is a discussion on Game (360) very choppy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Game (360) very choppy?

i have the same issue at the cut scenes
Old 08-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

the choppiness at the menu and playselection is normal... everyboyd have this... people who say they don´t aren´t very sensible about it.. but is still there.

You can clearly see at all videos, from ign, gamespot, etc the game "pause" a sec and then continue.

About the slowdown at nights.. i didn´t see it... maybe is there but i can´t really tell.. i think ncaa was worst on this issue.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have the same problems. It is almost unbearable. I wish you could turn off cutscenes. It's pretty ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb68
I have the same problems. It is almost unbearable. I wish you could turn off cutscenes. It's pretty ridiculous.
lol, not unbearable, but those cut scenes are annoying as hell
Old 08-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I do think it is a bit too choppy and it kind of gets annoying. Just scrolling up to the big screen to show a graphic stutters. I personally would just leave out that stuff if they couldn't make it smooth, it does bother me a bit. I figured next-gen would be smoother but that is not the case, still too much stuttering in non-gameplay elements of a game. The gameplay itself has been very smooth.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #14
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

It doesnt affect gameplay, but you would think during testing someone would say "why is this game so choppy? how can we let a game go out the door with the madden name on it that stutters constantly?". I know its not the power of the machine, as its a workhorse. It takes away from the game considerably, as you sit there and get pissed everytime it happens.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #15
Rookie

dvdguy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
It doesnt affect gameplay, but you would think during testing someone would say "why is this game so choppy? how can we let a game go out the door with the madden name on it that stutters constantly?". I know its not the power of the machine, as its a workhorse. It takes away from the game considerably, as you sit there and get pissed everytime it happens.
That's what I was thinking. When you can't navagate the menus without the system choking to death... there's a programming problem. And I noticed this in my first 10 seconds with the game. There's no reason for the transition between menu screens to be so clunky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicd
Im also having problems at night time games, just like in ncaa, where the framerate drops significantly.
That's REALLY weird! I had the same issue with NCAA, so the first thing that I did when I got Madden was fire up the game and play it at night WITH rain...and low and behold not even one iota of slowdown. It makes me wonder if it was just my NCAA game, but if you are seeing it in Madden too...then I am truly puzzled!?!?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »