Home

I cant beleive I fail for it again

This is a discussion on I cant beleive I fail for it again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I cant beleive I fail for it again

Let's just be honest Madden fans were disappointed when EA got the exclusive rights to the NFL. Enjoy the game if you have it, but if you don't please rent it first. Is that too much to say, have some of you become so blind that you are unwilling to recieve some constructive criticism about a football game?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
I love how every 2K fan's think that 2K would put out a better game.

And this guy doesn't get it at all. It's the fact that 2k provided the competition needed to fuel innovative game decisions from EA that is the point here. Not EA's fault tho, the NFL threw out the liscense and either EA or 2k would have bought it. EA had the means. What is bull**** though, is that EA pretty much decided to just sit on a cushioned stool instead of trying to get up and find a Lay-Z-Boy. And only because they know that the vast amount of NFL fans who play video games have no choice but to purchase Madden every year.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #35
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
C'mon man, that's really not all that cool. And despite the fact that he doesn't have that many post does not make his point any less valid. Now I am a madden man and have never liked the 2k series so I'm in no way a madden basher. But the guy was actually making some valid points. I don't think it would be far fetched to say that if the 2k series still had an NFL license, Madden would be much better. Every year that EA had competition, there was always a very significant change or addition to Madden. The minute they lose competition, we start getting the same game with minor tweaks. Right or wrong? Not saying that the game is a horrible game or anything like that, but I'm sure that they would be putting forth a lot more effort and getting more creative if there was competition. So in a lot of ways, I agree with the original poster.
This is all very true. It also helps that you used perfect grammar. Good points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
I love how every 2K fan's think that 2K would put out a better game.
NFL2k5 with updated rosters and some very minor enhancements and you have a better game today, nuff said.....
Old 08-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
return the game and invest the 40 bucks in a dictionary...
LOL, well said man. Well said!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt34652000
Yeah I am really not liking this game at all right now. The drills are a very good idea and pretty fun. The gameplay however just leaves me bored. I struggle to play through an entire game. It's weird, I was enjoying NCAA very much and found the gameplay to be fun and now I have a polished version of it (which I was very excited about) and I just can't help but get terribly bored. I might just be in a funk right now, but as of this minute I simply cannot stand the game and am very frustrated that THIS is "next gen" and that I'm paying $60 for a game that is just not very enjoyable.

I felt the same way at first. Almost exactly. But after sitting down with my low feelings about the game, some of the really nice details came out. Along with playing on all-madden level and using football forevers slider adjustments I really like it. It's pretty darn good.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
NFL2k5 with updated rosters and some very minor enhancements and you have a better game today, nuff said.....
Your opinion. I pulled it out all weekend before madden, and it's good, but feels dated. nuff said....
Old 08-23-2006, 10:11 PM   #40
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtiger
Can you take a more backhanded stab at someone? I am not here to defend anyone, but that was not necessary. When you can define what a realistic simulation would be, let me know.
Thanks man. I appreciate the defense. I deleted all of my other posts in this thread. I should have just stayed out of it. People like to talk but the minue you disagree, they get bent out of shape.

Yeah, realism is talked about but never defined. All I hear about is stripped down features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »