Home

I cant beleive I fail for it again

This is a discussion on I cant beleive I fail for it again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 PM   #41
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I cant beleive I fail for it again

Count me in as another disappointed Madden gamer on the 360. I fell for the hype even though I have watched all the videos and interviews etc...

I'm such a sucker.

So far i've played 2 online games and boy were they sluggish, felt like every other frame of animation was missing or something. Also I don't like the player models AT ALL, hunched backed and long armed. Not to mention I get NFL Fever flashbacks... Right now I've very concerned with FB on NEXT GEN. BTW I love it on xbox played 4 games and it's smooth as silk, from what i've read here and at football-freaks.com the PC version is a graphic upgrade to the xbox version to I'm settling for the PC version this year to fill my football void.... So sad that the reason I bought the xbox 360 for was Sports gaming, so far I'm 0-2 in Football and 1-0 NBA 2k6(which is great).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylocaine
Count me in as another disappointed Madden gamer on the 360. I fell for the hype even though I have watched all the videos and interviews etc...

I'm such a sucker.

So far i've played 2 online games and boy were they sluggish, felt like every other frame of animation was missing or something. Also I don't like the player models AT ALL, hunched backed and long armed. Not to mention I get NFL Fever flashbacks... Right now I've very concerned with FB on NEXT GEN. BTW I love it on xbox played 4 games and it's smooth as silk, from what i've read here and at football-freaks.com the PC version is a graphic upgrade to the xbox version to I'm settling for the PC version this year to fill my football void.... So sad that the reason I bought the xbox 360 for was Sports gaming, so far I'm 0-2 in Football and 1-0 NBA 2k6(which is great).
I think from reading your post it sounds like you simply don't like change. There are a lot of people that agree with you and feel more comfortable just staying with the current gen. The 360 game does look and control much differently and it is difficult for some people to get used to. As for the lag, it's to be expected when the game first comes out, it's quite common for that to occur in a lot of games, outside of EA and outside of sprots games.

I don't really know what to tell you except either give it some time or go back to what you are used to but eventually you will have to go over to the next-gen at some point and get over your feeling that you dislike the new direction in both control and look. Familiarity with a game will work wonders in how comfortable you feel playing it. If you're not comfortable though at somie point you will go back to what you know and love, ie the old game on the current gen.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon6 Re: I cant beleive I fail for it again

I took the advice of the posters on this thread and desisted in complaining about Madden 07 and just traded it in. I had the 360 version, traded it for 3 cartons of Kool cigarettes. Damm im a smooth talker.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrilla
I took the advice of the posters on this thread and desisted in complaining about Madden 07 and just traded it in. I had the 360 version, traded it for 3 cartons of Kool cigarettes. Damm im a smooth talker.
You should have traded it in for crack cocaine and gotten high as a mofo. Like on "It's always sunny in philadelphia".

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-23-2006, 10:41 PM   #45
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
I know that for many of you it's hard to face reality. When someone mentions something bad about Madden you can't take it. But let's just stop fooling ourselves!! Many of you have lowered your standards over the past few years and now you are accepting any thing that's given to you. If you like the game great for you, but I refuse to be content with roster updates and minor upgrades. It's time for a change!
I guess it's just a matter of opinion. You see roster upgrades, I see a huge improvement (especially on 360).

Maybe we haven't "lowered our expectations"... maybe you have just risen yours.

At any rate, to each his own, but I have to respectfully disgree...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #46
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7

Its true ...for all of the licenses that EA has they really should have a MUCH better presentation. All in all its an average game...I give it a 7 out of 10
Old 08-23-2006, 11:52 PM   #47
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc68
Its true ...for all of the licenses that EA has they really should have a MUCH better presentation. All in all its an average game...I give it a 7 out of 10
There is no defense for this point. EA paid over $1 billion for the ESPN rights, and have done absolutely nothing with them.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJenkins
There is no defense for this point. EA paid over $1 billion for the ESPN rights, and have done absolutely nothing with them.
Accept for the fact no other video game companies can use ESPN in there video games. Stoopid EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »