Home

Simulation engine busted again?

This is a discussion on Simulation engine busted again? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Unhappy Simulation engine busted again?

I posted this over at GameFAQs on the Madden board, but I'd like to post it here too. Here's what I wrote:

Ok, I'm just goofing off doing a QB SS mode, and at the end of year 3, the QBs had some pretty amazing stats:

- 16 guys had a QB Rating OVER 100 (3 HOFers and my SS included). By a real-life comparison, only Carson Palmer (101.1) and Peyton Manning (104.2) had QB Ratings above 100 last season

- 6 QBs (6!) had OVER 4,000 yards (2 of them were HOFers).

- 7 guys had 35 TDs or more (2 of them were HOFers, and my SS was up there). Last season in real-life, only Carson Palmer had more than 30 TDs (he had 32). Last season

- Only 2 QBs had over 10 INTs, Matt Hasselbeck (11) and Kyle Orton (10). Last season in real-life, about 20 QBs had OVER 10 INTs.

- QBs were just putting up ridiculous TD/INT ratios. Here are a few lines:
Ben Roethlisberger- 42 TD/5 INT
Peyton Manning- 33 TD/5 INT
Carson Palmer- 35 TD/8 INT
Tom Brady- 38 TD/7 INT

Well, seeing this, I checked out the Rushing stats. They were OK, but there were still a little exaggerated:

- 3 RBs had over 2,000 yards (one was a HOFer, but Clinton Portis and LT did it as well). This has only been done 4 or 5 times in real life.

- 15 RBs had over 300 attempts. About 10 had 300+ attempts in last season in real-life. Not a real problem here. The rest of the stats were ok, except broken tackles might have been a bit high...

Anyway, with the passing stats being ridiculously high, that equates to receiving stats being pretty high as well. Take a look:

- Over 27 players had over 1,000 yards... That's a little too high, but it can be overlooked (about 20 WRs had over 1,000 yds receiving last year in real-life)

- 21 WRs had 10+ TDs (only 1 HOFer was up there), compared to only 7 last season in real-life. This is a real problem that goes along with the passing.

The defense looks pretty spot-on with the stats, it's the offense that is really messed up. NCAA has a good engine this year, why couldn't they just translate that over to Madden? What do you guys think of these stats?

**Oh, BTW, my guy's stats that year:

116.1 QB Rating; 3,990 yards; 39 TD/2 INT; 65% completion pct... And it's only his 3rd year...

EDIT: This is for the 360. I DID NOT throw ONE pass with my SS QB during his 39/2 year. In fact, I haven't thrown one pass with him during his 3-year career.

Last edited by philliesphan026; 08-23-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Simulation engine busted again?

LT ran for 2600 1 year i simmed
Old 08-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

who cares...
Old 08-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #4
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

As far as the rushing stats go, they seem to be normal after year 1 on my simulation test. When I simulated a franchise I checked the stats and sure enough about 3 RB's had 400+ carries and 7 had 300+ carries. Which was a little exaggerated. NOW after simulating year 2 the rushing stats came back to earth with only 5 backs with 300+ carries and NO BACK with 400+ carries. Which I thought was interesting. When I get home tonight I'm planning on doing some more test.

BTW, this was on the PS2.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

use the glitch thread..locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »