Home

It's the little things......

This is a discussion on It's the little things...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's the little things......

Okay folks, it's time to bust out the little things that the game does so right to immerse you. Last night I scored a TD with Larry Johnson and he proceeded to bust out his LJ sign. NICE!

Then, I was playing against the Chiefs and Dante Hall busted off a long punt return for a TD and he broke out the X sign! Sweet! What have u seen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Pro

davehughes14's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: It's the little things......

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
Okay folks, it's time to bust out the little things that the game does so right to immerse you. Last night I scored a TD with Larry Johnson and he proceeded to bust out his LJ sign. NICE!

Then, I was playing against the Chiefs and Dante Hall busted off a long punt return for a TD and he broke out the X sign! Sweet! What have u seen?
Scored a TD with TO and he went into his "Speedsketer" routine.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la

He did this in Madden06, too - it's just that it was near impossible to return punts in that game so nobody ever saw it.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #4

OVR: 34

What I like about this game is the player chatter. If you listen, they say some funny stuff. and, they say things in referrence to what just happened. For instance, I hit a defender square in the hands with a pass, and when they got back to the huddle, I heard his teamate say, "You should've had that one."
Old 08-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
MVP

tanis38's Arena

OVR: 9

My favorite "little thing" this year is the head tracking. Watching your RB look in the direction of a defender running up beside him is a fantastic little detail that really immerses me in the game. Having a player look back when they are breaking away and sprinting to the endzone is also very, very cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

i gotta go with the new non-engaged moves for d-lineman, im killing em with Freeney and Mathis
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #7
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

By the way, Johnson isn't putting up an L j sign. He's throwing up the diamond Roc symbol, like Roc A Fella. Lebron does the same thing for the Cavs.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:05 AM   #8
Rookie

I love how Manning is constantly calling audilbles at the line of scrimmage. I also noticed when playing the Jags, that Leftwich's voice is very distinct. He almost sounds like he is not shouting, just calmly saying "Blue 18, blue 18."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »