Home

Franchise Draft Broken(360)

This is a discussion on Franchise Draft Broken(360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise Draft Broken(360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I just got rid of NCAA, is this draft thing really that busted, or is it "doable" i dont want to get ncaa for the classes
I don't think the draft is doable this year. No matter what the players come out compltely unrealistic ratings wise. The only position that I see players that are sometimes balanced as far as ratings are DE. The generated draft is basically worthless and by far the worst one I've seen in Madden and I've been playing franchise since they started it. Loading the NCAA class is much better overall, but it still has it's problems.

I really can't understand how they could have possibly overlooked how crappy the draft is in this game. It took me one draft to notice how messed up the draft logic was. I was hoping it was a one time fluke but it's not. They should have noticed this right off the bat and done something to fix it. The current gen drafts are much better, so why couldn't they manage to at least have the same sort of logic on the next gen?

The franchise mode has some cool features eventhough it's kind of bare and I would be fine with it without these problems. I just don't understand why these things weren't fixed before the game was released.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
You can't post draft classes this year or we haven't figured it out yet They seem to be profile locked like the classes in College Hoops.

What do you mean post draft classes?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #19
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I was never a huge fan of importing draft classes, because players are too overrated.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJawedYokel
Yeah I posted about this a few days ago at MN forums almost the exact same thing. DEs dominate the draft and the ratings are all messed up. It really sucks.

Now you would think the solution is to import the NCAA draft classes which works for the most part, but that's even broken.

2 things I noticed about the draft classes that are messed up -
1. Like the post above, the players for some reason automatically go up to 25 years old after you train them. This is fricken ridiculous and really sucks because of course you want to draft the youngest players and then train them. I haven't been able to find away around this except waiting until they are 25 to start training them.

2. The linebackers from NCAA all come out of the draft with their blockshedding at around 30-45 no matter what they were rated in NCAA. I've had 99 rated linebackers with perfect blockshedding come out with the madden rating as 35, so this is messed up too and obviously block shedding is an important rating for linebackers.

Also the players ratings from NCAA can fluctuate a ton. Sometimes I load the same draft class and then save before the draft just to see what the player I'm looking for comes out as. Because the same guy can be rated a 90 or a 80 thats how much it changes. I noticed this happened in the current gen as well in past years but it was neved such a huge change. I liked it when it changed a little but this is just too much.

I've had Brady Quinn come out of the draft for me rated an 85 while being progected in the top 5, and also had him come out a 72 being projected in the 7th round.

These two problems really mess up the franchise mode I think. Without these problems it would be good enough.
Are you serious, they reaaaaally droped the ball with that. I just rented NCAA so ill have to check it out formyself, but if this is true im just gonna go ahed and stick with current gen this year, i need a franchise mode and withough a decent functioning draft, what is franchise mode?
Old 08-24-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

This is a bit of a bummer since I'm a 'chise head.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »