Home

What is the lowest rated SS player

This is a discussion on What is the lowest rated SS player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3
What is the lowest rated SS player

I have not had one under 95 yet. They have all started for their respective teams too from the start. Whats the point in trying to build a career when you start in HOF shape?

Thought maybe some people might have some lower rated players and could give some insight on what there parents traits were.

Additionally, is there something posted somewhere that explains what your parents traits translate into as far as stats?
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What is the lowest rated SS player

I did a 89 OVR WR.

He had a Div 3 WR Father, and a Waitress Mother.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

I had a MLB rated at 80. Bad genes I guess.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

My HB I created is an overall of 78. I posted something about this on MN after I did some experimenting

I picked a set of good parents and then saved it before I did anything.

With running the practices my guy ended up being an overall of 97. SPD and ACC were both 99.
With simming the practices my guy ended up being an overall of 89. SPD and ACC were both in the low 90s.

I picked a set of bad parents and then saved it before I did anything.

With running the practices my guy ended up being an overall of 92. SPD and ACC were both 98.
With simming the practices my guy ended up being an overall of 78. SPD and ACC were 85 and 90 respectively. The stiff arm was only 54 and the strenght was only 74. I like the guy, fast but not too strong and I can work on those attributes. Nice.

Since I had saved it prior to any workouts I also messed with the IQ test. When I sim'd it my guy with bad parents ended up with an awareness of 67. When I did the IQ test and got a 90 I ended up with an awareness of 71.

I also tried running the drills and doing poorly but I still ended up with attributes I found too high for a realistic challenge. To me, the best way to do this is to sim everything with bad parents, except the interviews and the IQ test if you want to make a smarter guy that possibly has an ego.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervekid
I have not had one under 95 yet. They have all started for their respective teams too from the start. Whats the point in trying to build a career when you start in HOF shape?

Thought maybe some people might have some lower rated players and could give some insight on what there parents traits were.

Additionally, is there something posted somewhere that explains what your parents traits translate into as far as stats?
I agree with you 100%. If you're already a mid 90's player, then what are you striving for and how are you going to improve. It just seems a little shallow to be a HOF'er as a rookie. I'm a 90 ovr. SS but I'm going to make a new one and try to get my father's main trait as a backup NFL SS. That should give me a low 80's overall. Additionally, i'm not going to participate in any workouts and maybe not even the combine and see the effect that has on my OVR.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Swervekid's Arena

OVR: 3

Keep up the research. I would like to know how the not attending the combine effects things. I am going to recreate my guy tonight and sim the practices. Now finally I think I can get back into this game.

Anyone have any thoughts on what your parents traits translate ta as far as stats are concerned? This is something I would really like to get some info on but can't seem to find it.
As Down the field we thunder.

Knights of the Green and Gold
Fight with all your might!
Fight on you stalwart Ram team
Fight! Fight! Fight!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I made a QB and tried to get the worst times on the 40 and the bench press, also on the drills for passing just didn't throw the ball. Anyways he came out as 3rd string 59 OVR when the depth chart was created, I'm guessing that if I continued sabotaging his career I could get him lower.

Btw the Jets drafted him - lol. Poor Jets.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

I gather the idea is to be a NFL caliber starter out of the gates, and from there use your exceptional abilities to put together a Hal of Fame career.

I am on current gen (PS2) and the RB that I spent about ten minutes generating (HoF RB father) was just an 84 OVR going into the preseason, and was a backup to Ahman Green on the Packers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »