Home

Boy, is anybody else missing the player editor?!

This is a discussion on Boy, is anybody else missing the player editor?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Boy, is anybody else missing the player editor?!

This reason alone is the primary reason why I won't p/u Madden for the first time in 10 years. This issue is huge for the diehard franchise players such as myself and for the first time ever, I'm deeming something as a "gamekiller" for me.

NCAA was a bit better, but not much in that same respect. After your first recruiting class, all you could edit on the 360 was name and number. Yet, you were still stuck with kickers wearing dark visors and WR gloves, OL-man wearing HB facemasks, QB w/ bulky OL-facemask.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #58
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

It's not a game breaker for me by any means but it is a feature that is missed. I always like editing guys to how they are currently doing (Pre-season progression ), and create CAPS. Unfortunately none of those features are in, buy hey atleast we can still sign and waive players.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustus
OMG! How on earth did EA justify leaving out the player editing feature in Madden 07. Do they really think that their ratings are so accurate? Are they thinking about charging us for roster updates?! I remember when "Unneccssary Roughness" for PC back in 96' had a total team/roster editor. You could change everything about the team, logo, picutres, uniform, etc. Now, 10 years later, I can't even edit the player's ratings?!

someone please explain this to me. I paid $60 for this "next-gen" game and I can't even get a basic feature.
Cause EA knows ppl will buy Madden regardless..Just like you did, knowing the lack of features.. How can you even complain. You bought the game knowing that you can't edit ratings..Now you piss & moan after the fact..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 08-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Annoying that it isn't there? Yes...but I'll manage. I never liked editing attributes of players. The only thing I'd ever do was edit jersey #'s. Something wrong with a rookie QB in San Fran wearing #16, ya know?
Old 08-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is oddly enough, a deal breaker for me too. I've heard problems with people trading for players and them getting #0...which to me is absurd.

Also, rookies coming in will have their college #'s, where there is hardly any restrictions on who wears what.

I don't want RBs with #3, or WRs with #44...Or DBs with #'s 1-19...Or even freaking kickers with #'s in the 90s.

I don't typically edit any attributes...it's just the #'s for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #62
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by belt500
This is oddly enough, a deal breaker for me too. I've heard problems with people trading for players and them getting #0...which to me is absurd.

Also, rookies coming in will have their college #'s, where there is hardly any restrictions on who wears what.

I don't want RBs with #3, or WRs with #44...Or DBs with #'s 1-19...Or even freaking kickers with #'s in the 90s.

I don't typically edit any attributes...it's just the #'s for me.
I too am unhappy that this standard feature was omitted. I was doing my best to accept this and move on. However, in my franchise, I traded for Vince Wolfork (dt from ne). He normally wears #75. In my next game, I notice some really fat guy in my defensive huddle wearing #1. I'm like wtf is going on? Sure enough it was Vince. Theres something very wrong with a 350 pound man wearing the #1. I am now attempting to trade Vince because my defensive huddle has become the laughing stock of the league.

Last edited by Scrapps; 08-26-2006 at 06:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »