Home

Bills Post - Great Read

This is a discussion on Bills Post - Great Read within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Bills Post - Great Read

For those who didnt read this recent post its an absolute great read from one of the most respected people surrounding gaming..

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...60-argghh.html

-- Enjoy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bills Post - Great Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite1347
For those who didnt read this recent post its an absolute great read from one of the most respected people surrounding gaming..

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2...60-argghh.html
Enjoy
Man that was a good read accurate and to the point ..and he was only talking about a couple of problems....excellent read...
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Good read... and good ideas Bill posted regarding influence. I haven't tried Superstar mode yet, but have heard of the play clock issue from reading the boards... just another thing that has slipped past the QC team I guess.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am really trying to give madden a chance because they got some "good" ideas but as this writer brought out. They don't seem to put into the game the common sense things you would expect. The clock running at normal speed was driving me CRAZY i'm glad other people are just as upset about it.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Interesting article, however a HUGE flaw in his argument:

"Besides, it's just stupid. Your influence changes on the basis of the outcome of the play whether you were involved or not. So if you're a wide receiver on the right side of the field and a pitch play is run to the left, the results of that play are going to affect your influence."

I guess this guy doesn't live in the real world. There are many many GREAT NFL players that play on crappy teams and due to that have less influence than someone who plays on the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Broncos/etc simply because the surrounding cast is good as well. It's the rich get richer argument but that is realistic. At any rate he argues about realism in that statement then he argues about non-realism about a pop-up that reminds you it's a video game, just pretty funny imo that people try to complain and piss in the wind on everything, I bet you money he's an NFL2K cult member.

Anyways it's interesting in the fact that the mindset of some people is glass half empty and people try to look for flaws in video games. I personally try to look for the good things in video games and life in general, it definately affects my mindset and enjoyment level of everything. God it would be depressing to be so anal about a game as that writer is. Hopefully he isn't a perfectionist and exacting in his personal relationships as that would spell doom. Are people forgetting that this is just a game?

It's interesting that the article has absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the actual game. NOTHING. He glosses it over in the same way most 2k fanboys do by saying.... "I really like the IDEA of this HOWEVER....(rant starts)" It's easy to spot these posts and articles a mile away.

"Could you maybe spend a little bit less money on primetime ads and full-page newspaper spreads and maybe hire a few more people to actually work on the game?"

Such an obvious biased statement like that is proof. If the game was that bad NOBODY would buy it, obviously he's in the minority and EA gets richer due to "not hiring anyone" to work on the game. LOL

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-24-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Interesting article, however a HUGE flaw in his argument:

"Besides, it's just stupid. Your influence changes on the basis of the outcome of the play whether you were involved or not. So if you're a wide receiver on the right side of the field and a pitch play is run to the left, the results of that play are going to affect your influence."

I guess this guy doesn't live in the real world. There are many many GREAT NFL players that play on crappy teams and due to that have less influence than someone who plays on the Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Broncos/etc simply because the surrounding cast is good as well. It's the rich get richer argument but that is realistic. At any rate he argues about realism in that statement then he argues about non-realism about a pop-up that reminds you it's a video game, just pretty funny imo that people try to complain and piss in the wind on everything, I bet you money he's an NFL2K cult member.

Anyways it's interesting in the fact that the mindset of some people is glass half empty and people try to look for flaws in video games. I personally try to look for the good things in video games and life in general, it definately affects my mindset and enjoyment level of everything. God it would be depressing to be so anal about a game as that writer is. Hopefully he isn't a perfectionist and exacting in his personal relationships as that would spell doom. Are people forgetting that this is just a game?

It's interesting that the article has absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the actual game. NOTHING. He glosses it over in the same way most 2k fanboys do by saying.... "I really like the IDEA of this HOWEVER....(rant starts)" It's easy to spot these posts and articles a mile away.

"Could you maybe spend a little bit less money on primetime ads and full-page newspaper spreads and maybe hire a few more people to actually work on the game?"

Such an obvious biased statement like that is proof. If the game was that bad NOBODY would buy it, obviously he's in the minority and EA gets richer due to "not hiring anyone" to work on the game. LOL
Did anyone mention 2K in that article ? lol
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
That's uh...that's not true at all. In the least.

Many people buy Madden on the release date simply because it is what it is - Madden, the only NFL game in town.

It'd take a while - a good while - for the word to spread that the game is truly terrible. By then, the impulse sales would've already took place. A major part of the Madden fanbase is not on websites or fan community pages. Not everything travels at the speed of light.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White
That's uh...that's not true at all. In the least.

Many people buy Madden on the release date simply because it is what it is - Madden, the only NFL game in town.

It'd take a while - a good while - for the word to spread that the game is truly terrible. By then, the impulse sales would've already took place. A major part of the Madden fanbase is not on websites or fan community pages. Not everything travels at the speed of light.
Name ANY game w/o "Madden" in the title for the sake of discussion that is horrible each and every year and people buy like hotcakes every year it comes out.

I'd say Final Fantasy but obviously there is a market for that type of game which tells me that I just don't like the game personally and it's not necessarily a bad game, just I don't like it in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »