Home

Madden 2008: Gang Tackling!

This is a discussion on Madden 2008: Gang Tackling! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 2008: Gang Tackling!

I think Madden needs to add a run route attribute. I do commend them on all the running back attributes that they added to both games this year. That's why the running game is so greatly improved. I feel next year should be focus on adding more attributes to the other 10 positions on the field. But realistically I would expect at least 2 positions in a one year cycle.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I think Madden needs to add a run route attribute. I do commend them on all the running back attributes that they added to both games this year. That's why the running game is so greatly improved. I feel next year should be focus on adding more attributes to the other 10 positions on the field. But realistically I would expect at least 2 positions in a one year cycle.
I agree completely, a run-route attribute has been sorely needed for a few years now.

The "Blocking Footwork" attributes were also key additions that I was excited to finally see.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 08-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
Very good obversation on QB/WR/DB interaction in the game. QB's have always been far too accurate. To compensate, EA makes a rating called catching that is too important in this game. It really is.

A WR should not drop an easy pass (maybe once a game you'll see it happen, but it's too often in video games). If instead EA concentrated on making QB's less accurate and allow WR to catch more balls based on the simple fact that the ball is in their hands and should be caught, we'd actually see higher accuracy percentages and less tipped passes. I know that sounds weird when you think about it, but it might actually just work.

Another thing that needs to happen is pocket pressure. It needs to be more intensed. I think part of the reason why we see so many DB's get too balls and/or balls being thrown directly at WR on long routes is the gamer waiting too long to make the pass. If pocket pressure were increased to force the gamer to make faster passes then the deep game would be more realistic. We'd have to get rid of the ball faster, forcing WR's to actually get to the ball (and minimizing EA's need to give QB's unrealistic throwing power) and perhaps allowing for WR's to gain space on DB's and their happy swatting hands.

Mix that in with QB's being less accurate and we'd get overthrown balls or underthrown balls. In addition, the balls need to sway left and right a bit more. Passes are far too accurate toward the receiver. Rarely, if ever, do you see a WR have to turn his body toward the sideline to make a catch. That needs to be changed.

With more pocket pressure, perhaps the gamer will actually start going for quicker pass plays with quick slants, curls, and fades. More realistic style of game and if WR's could actually catch the ball then QB's will have higher accuracy percentages.

(...this 98 in cathing and an 85 in catching is pathetic. WR's aren't seperated by how well they catch the ball. They are seperated by speed and running routes. T.O. is better than Santana Moss because he runs his routes better, recognizes the D better, gets in front of his defender better, and knows how to use his speed. If you throw 10 footballs at each of those players they'd catch 10 footballs if they were open. Moss wouldn't drop 3 of them like he would in Madden, and Owens wouldn't drop 2 of them).

The answer to QB throwing accuracy problem is something called Read and Lead passing in NFL FEVER 2004. When you make the passing less accurate with one button passing, you feel cheated with so little control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The answer to QB throwing accuracy problem is something called Read and Lead passing in NFL FEVER 2004. When you make the passing less accurate with one button passing, you feel cheated with so little control.
My only problem with R&L was QB ratings were taken completely out of the equation.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
My only problem with R&L was QB ratings were taken completely out of the equation.

The rating can still matter if there is a rating for throw strength and distance, QB run speed, awareness etc. Just because some of the QB ratings in NFL FEVER 2004 were not that important does not mean you cannot have both meaningful QB ratings and the Read and Lead passing mechanics.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The rating can still matter if there is a rating for throw strength and distance, QB run speed, awareness etc. Just because some of the QB ratings in NFL FEVER 2004 were not that important does not mean you cannot have both meaningful QB ratings and the Read and Lead passing mechanics.
Accuracy has to play in there also. Not every QB can put the ball right where they want to, especially while on the move or with pressure.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

HELLO PEOPLE BACK ON TOPIC MAYBE

Seriosly is there any truth to Gang Tackling being on the PS3 version becuase i might be hitting up Ebay for that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 PM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
HELLO PEOPLE BACK ON TOPIC MAYBE

Seriosly is there any truth to Gang Tackling being on the PS3 version becuase i might be hitting up Ebay for that
Lighten up.

My understanding is there's no truth to it whatsoever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »