Home

Madden 2008: Gang Tackling!

This is a discussion on Madden 2008: Gang Tackling! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Madden 2008: Gang Tackling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Accuracy has to play in there also. Not every QB can put the ball right where they want to, especially while on the move or with pressure.

With one button passing the pass is always thrown where you want it thrown but with Read and Lead requires more skill and there are overthrows and underthrows something you will never have with one button passing You are the QB and the throw accuracy should depend on your skill just like in the real football.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
With one button passing the pass is always thrown where you want it thrown but with Read and Lead requires more skill and there are overthrows and underthrows something you will never have with one button passing You are the QB and the throw accuracy should depend on your skill just like in the real football.
I disagree. If I were out playing real football, then yes. But in an effort to simulate the NFL, I want players abilities to mean something.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:09 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I disagree. If I were out playing real football, then yes. But in an effort to simulate the NFL, I want players abilities to mean something.

You could have some variablility in the throw accuracy with read and lead passing. A more accurate QB would have a smaller circle but with less accuracy rating a larger circle.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #20
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
You could have some variablility in the throw accuracy with read and lead passing. A more accurate QB would have a smaller circle but with less accuracy rating a larger circle.
I like that idea.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I agree for the most part, but catching ability is extremely important in real life and does separate the great receivers from the good ones, and the good ones to the not-so-good ones. For example, if a receiver's hands didn't matter, the best receivers would all be ex-track stars. Look at Chris Carter and Jerry Rice. These guys weren't necessarily the fastest receivers, but they were reliable, they were clutch. If you put the ball anywhere near them, they'd come down with it. Torry Holt is the same way. Hell, Wayne Chrebet's career is a testament to this. He never had great measureables, but he always came through in the clutch. Having great hands is in no way overrated. Sure, most NFL caliber receivers should be able to catch nearly every ball that hits them in the hands, but dismissing the fact that some have much greater hands than others, and the importance of that--- is ignorant.
Agreed.

I just think that catching ability is weighted too heavily. If it's not then I'm confused with how the system works.

Why guys drop easy passes in Madden is beyond me.

I like the idea behind the catching rating having to do more with making difficult catches rather than routine ones.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »