Home

Anyone dumping (Madden 360) and going to (Madden XBOX)?

This is a discussion on Anyone dumping (Madden 360) and going to (Madden XBOX)? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:46 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone dumping (Madden 360) and going to (Madden XBOX)?

wait let me get this straight

so you cant double WRs on defense with the 360 version, but you can with the xbox version???
Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Thats odd because I did a 40 yard dash in the PC version about 30 minutes ago. I don't recall seeing the lifting. In fact each position has 4 or 5 different drills to choose from in the PC version from what I can tell.
Yea the 40 yard dash is in current gen.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:57 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbagamez
wait let me get this straight

so you cant double WRs on defense with the 360 version, but you can with the xbox version???
There is also only one camera angle which really sucks for routes that go to the sidelines cause you can't see the hb or te or whoever runs out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 03:02 AM   #52
Rookie

ive had fun with the 360 version so far... but that ish is inexusable!!! defenisve hot routes are a huge part of my defensive game. i always use them. i thought i wasnt doing it right or something for the 360 version. now i find out that its not in the game at all!!?!? wtf???
Old 08-25-2006, 03:23 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbagamez
ive had fun with the 360 version so far... but that ish is inexusable!!! defenisve hot routes are a huge part of my defensive game. i always use them. i thought i wasnt doing it right or something for the 360 version. now i find out that its not in the game at all!!?!? wtf???
You should've been paying attention.......This is the biggest flaw in the 360 game IMO. I don't even have the desire to play defense. I feel sorry for the folks who have to face the cheesers all day online......
Old 08-25-2006, 03:42 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

I just returned mine today.. Madden 2007 for the Xbox 360 is just a sad excuse for a Football game.. The game is just too boring, nothing Next Gen about it except the detail graphics.. EA & Tiburon just are clueless when it comes to Next Gen Gaming.. period.. It's almost becoming a joke now.. Wheres the Patch EA?? Watch them make u pay for it in order to get it.. lol...
Old 08-25-2006, 03:46 AM   #55
Banned

I don't have the game yet, but NO i wouldn't exchange it in for the simple fact that I had 05' for PS2 and i unno bout yall, but that same style of play & the graphics were really starting to wear thin....virtually the same graphics & game mechanics since 01'..i mean 360's version might not have all the features & might still have same mechanics..but honestly with the franchise & revamped superstar mode, new features, plus nice graphics...that's enough to keep me right. The PC version might be kool though with all the league play, but that's not my thing. I'd probably enjoy it, but i dont have time for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #56
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

To the original poster, I can only say that if you can afford it, get a current gen version and keep the 360 version for SS Mode if you enjoy it. The SS is more immerrsive on the 360 than the current gen SS, though that one is deeper with things to do off the field.

What I don't understand is the people that say that the current gen version isn't any different than last year's. I personally don't believe that to be true, and anyone that says that didn't play beyond the first quarter/game.

I use the 360 version for SS Mode and Online, but the current gen is much better for Franchise play. As far as the gameplay goes, I challenge someone to play the current gen version for a few hours and then pop in Madden 06. I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll see a huge difference. The natural first reaction when you pop in the game for PS2/Xbox/PC is to see that it LOOKS very similiar and dismiss it as "same old, same old".

This is very far from the truth, and it was the same thing with NCAA this year. All the new animations, new controls and a better "feel" to the players makes the current gen my game for everything other than SS Mode and Online.

Don't dismiss it because the graphics aren't gorgeous like the 360 Madden. This game has ALOT to offer, and is by far the best current gen version ever, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »