Home

So what else can they fix with the "upcoming" patch?

This is a discussion on So what else can they fix with the "upcoming" patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12
So what else can they fix with the "upcoming" patch?

So I'm sitting back and thinking of some of the things they left out of the game. Minor things, but things that are just annoying me and taking away a bit from my experience. Since we can expect a patch coming from EA in the "near" future, what else do you think can reasonably be fixed with an update. Here's my list:

1. Fatigue/Fatigue Interface -- Obviously this is the reason for the patch coming in the first place!

2. Uniforms need to get progressively dirty when playing an online game. - How did this get cut out, i don't know, but it has to be a glitch or something. Once agian, the fields tear up beautifully to show game activity on the field, yet my guys are standing there with uniforms that look like they are "Tide Fresh". Something in my brain just can't reconcile this contradiction, and it takes away the immersion effect.

3. Update the black cleats for the teams that should have them. The teams that adopted just this year and the one's that had them for the last few years. I know Arizona is one, not sure of the others at this time. I believe they added this later on in an earlier version before, but I think that was on the PC. Hopefully, they can do it on the 360. You can tell that some of the teams should have them

Those are some of the easier fixes, I would think. Now I would like to see some resolution with the following, though I believe these changes are a lot less likely...

4. Time of day/weather effects online. What's the use of touting this great time of day feature where shadows track across the field accurately yet strip it right out of the online game mode. As for the weather effects/time of day functionality, at least make it random, if you are worry about anyone getting an iunfair advantage.

5. Instant replays when playing ONLINE games. It's in NCAA, and it sucks to say it, but I'll even *settle* for the little box replays on the play calling screen than nonw at all, like it is currently set up. I know they are trying to go for the "at the stadium" feel, but some times you make a damn good play and you just may want to see it again.

There are other things as well that should be possible to fix, so please feel free to add on constriuctively...

Last edited by ausar72; 08-25-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So what else can they fix with the "upcoming" patch?

why not allow player editing while you're at it?

i suspect you will get nothing other than a fatigue patch...
Old 08-25-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I view online play as an abriviated angle of the system. I can understand not having shadows and dirt on jerseys online. It would be nice though. They CERTAINLY don't need instant replay online. Who wants to add a feature that will just slow down the process of play AND add to unwarranted smack talk. I like for online games to go as quick as possible.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Fix stuttering in menus / cutscenes
Old 08-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
why not allow player editing while you're at it?

i suspect you will get nothing other than a fatigue patch...
What sucks about thew non-player editing, is that if you make trades to keep up with the latest NFL moves, you have NO control over what number the player wears on their new team. So then you have issues of players wearing retired players' jersey numbers etc...

If they are going to limit you in this way as a user, they need to update the roster much more frequently then they currently do or have in the past.

I made the trade for TJ Duckett on the Skins, and they give him #28 (Darrell Green's Number). There's no way i'm starting a franchise like that! So I'm stuck in limbo until whenever the next roster comes out.

Last edited by ausar72; 08-25-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I view online play as an abriviated angle of the system. I can understand not having shadows and dirt on jerseys online. It would be nice though. They CERTAINLY don't need instant replay online. Who wants to add a feature that will just slow down the process of play AND add to unwarranted smack talk. I like for online games to go as quick as possible.
Why does it have to be abbreviated though? That's what i don't understand. Why do they have to leave out the field shadows and dirty uniforms. it was on the lower systems (PS2/Xbox), why take it out on the more powerful next-gen system? Also, I guess for future versions of the game, let the users decide if they would like to have instant replay available online. Because i disagree with you, I think that the best time to have instant replay is when you are playing against someone else and you make a great play against them and you can view it and appreciate it as the great play that it is.

They need to create additional preset gaming set-ups for hard-core stripped down play, for tournaments and such, but then have the abitlity to leave the other bells and whistles in for the gamers that want the game to be the same experience online and off.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7

So when is the damn thing coming out? I mean for real this is such crap. Isnt this suppose to be a "Next Generation" game and people have to wait around for lord knows how long for a patch to fix the problems.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
The Broski

MMan's Arena

If you can edit your player in SS mode, why the fu** can't we do it in roster/franchise mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »