Home

Any tips for a Madden newbie such as myself?

This is a discussion on Any tips for a Madden newbie such as myself? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Any tips for a Madden newbie such as myself?

This is my first year really trying to get into Madden...this kid just beat me online by 4 points and won't let me hear the end of it... he ran his plays out of 2 formations only (strong & shotgun) and i need some tips on what to do at the line of scrimmage with the aubibles and line movements and such (like what to do when i know he's running and when he's passing)... and i also need help callin defenses against pass plays... no matter if i call zone or man to man.. my DB's are idiots and won't cover the areas they are supposed to (i know i'm doing something wrong though lol)...

HELP

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Any tips for a Madden newbie such as myself?

Avoid the cheesers. But in order to get better against ALL opponents online, you're going to have to learn how to take control of the nearest defender and make the plays yourself. Leave as little to the A.I. to do as possible. You will learn that your play-calling becomes better as you start to control everybody.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Any tips for a Madden newbie such as myself?

I would say that in the passing game. Know where your reciever are going to be on every pass play. This allows you to focus your attention on the defenders and not on what routes your receivers are running. Just know that at 15 X receiver is going to cut in is better that watching him do all of that. Plus it allows you to see the blitz and holes in the secondary.

Also, when running the ball avoid using your speed burst until you are through the hole. This 1.) ensures that you don't out run your blockers, and 2.) you have the ability to make cuts and other moves with less "rounding" and more percesion. Hope that help you a little.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »