Home

Play on "Pro"... on the PS2

This is a discussion on Play on "Pro"... on the PS2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #17
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Play on "Pro"... on the PS2

[quote=bcruise;2589063]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

It's on Pro, and it's just been a complete shootout. Bledsoe is now well over 300 yards passing, and Warner's not far behind him (despite 3 INT's). Edge ran for 100 plus, and will probably get a few more with the Cards killing the clock in the 4th.

Probably the best stat I can give you are the pancake numbers - 13 for Dallas, 10 for Arizona. That's very close to the totals the simmed games generate.

Oh yeah - 8 minutes non-accelerated clock. 117 plays - no gripes there.
I'm not sure how the game generates stats in a watched or simmed game verse a game thats played out. I imagine sliders can fix this. i would start with lowering QB accuracy and receiver catching and raising CPU def Awareness.

Last edited by slthree; 08-27-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
And to make things worst... is not that iīm too good playing the game, because i donīt manual catch at all... i donīt even swtich... same with Defense, i played the whole game with the LCB and thatīs it.. so is basically a CPU Vs CpU game with the user (me) not having a huge impact on the game. And still, the QB 90+ overall donīt play as 90QB overall.
Appreciate your honesty. I need to use your defensive philosophy, because I tend to "overplay" on D.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
If, AFTER I tweaked the Pro sliders to my liking, I was able to beat the Patriots with the niners I would also be upset. But, I didn't have that problem last year when I finally came up with a great set of Pro sliders and I don't anticipate that problem this year.

The RATINGS are best represented at the Pro level. EA has said that themselves in the past. What you are refering to is the AI. So, you will have to tweak the heck out of the sliders to get it right. The option is to play on All Pro or Madden and have Vick get run down by fat, slow, linemen. That's cool if it doesn't bother you. It does me.

I would only see something like this on the All Pro or Madden Level because every defensive player is supercharged. This is the very reason I play on Pro. I don't want running to be too easy but I also don't want what you have experienced, that is a great back with an unrealistically low average against a bad defense.

I can't agree that "all people" thing All Pro is the most realistic. To the contrary, I feel that many players who play on All Pro see unrealistic things happen the way I did.

I'll keep tweaking, looking for a great playing game on Pro. If I can't get it to be hard enough or realistic enough I guess I'll have to go to All-Pro. But if you guys could have seen the replay I saw (over and over and over again) of darby running down Vick, you would understand why I have to try to get Pro to work.

By the way, Vick has run 3 times on me (Pro level:same teams, Seahawks v Falcons) and his shortest gain was 6 yards. He has very real acceleration on this level.
I do understand what are you saying... my point was after the end of the day... realism goes more to what the user expereince is more than "ratings".

As i said before.. if i face T.Brady and he have a rtg of 40 at the end of the game it wonīt be very realistic, even if the game used his 90over rating.

Now if at the end of the day, he end up with 95rtg... even if he had to do some "crazy unrealistic" few plays... it will end up being more realistic.

Thatīs my point.

The worst part of it.. is what i said before... my main complain this year with NCAA for example is how bad the QB are... and how bad their RB runs... basically the CPU offense is really bad overall at All american level.
WHat i hate most is that iīm not playing whti the whole HUman defense..iīm JUST USING THE CB, so basically is a CPU vs CPU game and the CPU offense canīt move the ball at all.

I really hope you find a perfect balance at PRO level, but honeslty i doubt it. The Lack of AI is too big to make Pro level realistic. Yeah Vick may run at 90 speed as his ratings says.. but the AI is too bad... I mean.. when you have the AI calling a QB Option and this QB has only 50rtg speed... is bad.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #20
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
when you have the AI calling a QB Option and this QB has only 50rtg speed... is bad.
Did this happen on Pro or All Pro? I haven't seen anything happen that made me scratch my head on the Pro setting. But, I have not played too many games yet.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

oh no, this happend on ncaa... not madden.. it was an example how bad the AI is sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #22
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
oh no, this happend on ncaa... not madden.. it was an example how bad the AI is sometimes.
They're definitely not perfect, AI wise, yet. That's for sure. I thought I was envious of the folks who had 360's because surely, their games would have much better AI. But, they are not too happy either. I feel bad for them because they deserved a lot better for having invested in a more powerful machine.

Anyway, I was at the 6 minute mark in my 3rd test game between the Seahawks and Falcons. Falcons are up 17-13 and the game was playing great. Dunn was testing, testing, testing the middle until he finally broke a 76 yarder for a TD.

Just got home from dinner. Will finish the game soon.

I'll tell you this Booker: I haven't seen the Falcons do anything stupid yet. They are playing a smart game. Dunn's big run came just before the half after averaging about 4 yards per carry. I've watched him long enough to know that's how he does it.

What I especially liked is that every time he touched the ball I had a bad feeling he might go all the way. I knew it was a matter of time.

Last edited by slthree; 08-27-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

slthree the reason why Pro level is so easy for many players is because they don't drop th defensive awareness down far enough for the human player and then lower the human skill positions down aswell.

I'm willing to bet that if you set Human AWR around 5-10 on Pro Level and CPU at 100 then lower the Human offensive sliders you'll find a good game or pro level.

The ratings increase for some reason when you go up to All-Pro for Human and then they decrease on All-Madden level. On All Madden for the most part you have to set Human Awareness higher because EA makes your defenders dumb as opposed to the CPU's defenders.

It's kinda works in reverse order. EA gives the Human player a Pro ratings on Defense when you up to All-Madden . What I mean by this is they make the CPU players dump on Pro and then they reverse it on All-Madden and make the Human players the dumb ones.

IMO slthree if you really enjoy Pro level here's a tip start your defensive awareness off at 10 and then set the CPU's at 100. Lower the Human skill positions by like 10 clicks each for example set Human QB, RB and WR at 40.

QBA-40/50
PASS BLK-10/60
WR-40/50
RBA-40/50
RUN BLK-10/60

DEF AWR-10/100
KDWN-40/80
INT-0/40
BRK BLK-40/60
TKL-10/80

I'm willing to bet those settings will instantly make Pro more competitve than it would be at DEFAULT. It might not be perfect but trust me it'll make more competitive. Even some All-Pro guy's might actually get some great games out of that base set.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #24
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Its interesting that you say that, because, although it still could be improved, I'm finding the CPU QB and RB A.I. on All American to be pretty solid. I've made literally only a handful of adjustments and I feel its by far the best the CPU's decision making has ever been. In my opinion there are really only two or three long time coding flaws that need to be fixed in order for the A.I. to be really, really good.

I haven't got Madden(I'm still on the fence), but if I could get it to play on all-pro the way NCAA plays on all american I would be fairly pleased from a gameplay stand point considering the limitations of the engine.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »