Home

Play on "Pro"... on the PS2

This is a discussion on Play on "Pro"... on the PS2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #49
#QuestForSix

JahMarLen's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Play on "Pro"... on the PS2

I usually play on All Madden using Playmakers sliders. I never new about the ratings issue when on Pro level. Once I started to read this thread it got me curious and I want to give them a shot. I agree with you slthree when you see unrealistic gameplay (vick getting chased down) it does get frustrating when you see it happen. I want to see player ratings actually go into effect throughout the game. I'll checkout your sliders and give them a shot.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:09 PM   #50
rrr
Rookie

OVR: 1

all pro is fine if you play with friends
Old 08-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #51
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
Let's see if we can get a lot of us PS2 users to try slthree's sliders when he publishes them.

We should, though, establish a set of "controls," though, for testing the sliders. Different teams, different opponents. What we're looking for is as close to consistently realistic play throughout skill levels of the cyber-players in the game.

I.E., Vick is erratic, but runs well. Brady is Mr. Accurate short-to-medium. Peyton is VERY hard to stop, ever. Frye struggles (no offense, Browns fans). Losman struggles (ibid., Bills fans). Scrubs struggle.

Thoughts, gang?
I agree and in his slider thread, instead of making my own thread, posted a slider set as well, that I worked on off of slthree's set. I made some minor changes, made some major changes and left some stuff the same. I will continue tweaking and will continue posting in his thread. I hope he doesn't mind, but there's no sense in making another thread as he and I are working towards the same common goal. Which is to take the Pro ratings equality and tune those sliders to make it challenging enough.

I don't know about slthree, but I'm tweener when it comes to these games. Too good for All-Pro, and not good enough for All-Madden. I think what he started is a great idea. Pro plays to the ratings. No speed cheating or any other boosts to the A.I. like in All-Madden and to a lesser extent, All-Pro. It's a matter of tweaking the sliders to the point that it will play a competitive game, knowing that you're going to have to put up with some inherent problems in the engine EA created, such as pancakes and QB's being too accurate.

I hope anyone interested tries the sliders out AND posts feedback. It would help to steer us in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #52
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

That´s it...i´m testing this sliders as we speak....

I have the 360 version and i don´t see myself playing on the xbox right now... but who cares.. i really want to see how good this sliders are..

be back with thought.s-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »