Home

So they still haven't got the sim-engine right?

This is a discussion on So they still haven't got the sim-engine right? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
So they still haven't got the sim-engine right?

Has anyone looked at the end of the season stats?

Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So they still haven't got the sim-engine right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
Has anyone looked at the end of the season stats?

Wow.
Dude, don't even bring it up. You'll get blasted. LOL

I had EIGHT rushers gain over 2,000 yards in one season. Year 2 wasn't as bad, but there were still eight to 10 guys who gained over 1,800 on the ground.

Just something we have to deal with... I have grown to love the game, but the stat sim is pretty ridiculous...
Old 08-29-2006, 01:24 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

What, you mean Phillip Rivers will not be throwing for 51 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 2008?

This game has some of the worst simulated statistics of all time. The only thing that might be able to top it was in the ticker in 2k when it said someone got negative 32 thousand yards rushing (IIRC)
Old 08-29-2006, 01:35 AM   #4
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I have a gut feeling that the sim stats are affected by games you play, but I dont exactly have time to play multiple full seasons to see how the rest of the league stats are.

I just simmed 3 seasons (360 version). The highest rushing total was around 2100 yards, passing was around 4700.

In the real NFL - the rushing record is 2105, passing is 5084.

While it does seem a little unlikely, the numbers I'm seeing aren't impossible. The top teams are getting between 6000-6500 total offensive yards. That's actually right about where it should be. In 2003, the most total offensive yards for a single team was just under 6300. In 2004 it was nearly 6700. In 2005 (as in last year) it was 6200.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:38 AM   #5
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

My biggest gripe, is no one throws picks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I have a gut feeling that the sim stats are affected by games you play, but I dont exactly have time to play multiple full seasons to see how the rest of the league stats are.
You may be correct on this one. I play all of my games and I just finished my first season last night. I did not have one rusher over 2,000, the leader was LT with 1800 something. Manning threw for just over 4,000, Urlacher lead in tackles with 139, interception high was 9, Freeney lead the league in sacks with 15. I was just happy to see that Vick was no where to be seen in the rushing stats leaders. It will be interesting to see if this season was a fluke or if it is because I play all the games.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
My biggest gripe, is no one throws picks!
That's the only issue I'm seeing that really is sort of a problem. The most I've seen a QB throw is 14, with the majority of guys throwing between 5-10.

Last year, ignoring Brett Favre falling apart with 29, the most anyone threw was 17, with the general range between 9-15.

nfl.com will only let me go back to 2001 - but there does appear to be a slight downward trend going on. In 2001 the most anyone threw was 24. It was 23 in 2002, 22 in 2003, and 20 in 2004. EA may actually be onto something with the lower INT numbers, although I think they went a little too far.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #8
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

LT - 2,743 yards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »