Home

For Anyone Who Is Having Trouble With DB AI (360)...

This is a discussion on For Anyone Who Is Having Trouble With DB AI (360)... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 11:13 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: For Anyone Who Is Having Trouble With DB AI (360)...

Ive just given up on having the best DB play, the game is imperfect i would rather have spotty DB play then an unstopable Defense, im already playing with the bears.

But yeah all pro helps, and if you havent started, try doing the Pass defending drill with DBs, it will help you get a better sense of timing when it comes to defending passes, ill give a few of the tips ive found

When you are standing still looking at a ball being thrown right too you dont just press Y because they will go into that stupid ineffective pass catch animation that pretty much takes them out of the play. Press in the direction of the ball and they seem more likely to react properly. This goes for pretty much every pass defense situation, press towards the ball and Y and they generally react alot better.

If you have a QB effectivley forcing a ball into a deep zone and your DB ends up behind the guy, this usually results in your DB animating himself out of the play regardless of what you do. Ive found that holding the strafe button and standing still or trying to catch it will make the reciever drop the ball more, and if it doesnt, it at least doesnt take your defender out of the play and let the reciever run for a TD
Old 08-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

The Problem on All-Madden is that you don't really have to raise human awr to get the DB's to make plays on the ball.

The QBA slider for the CPU can allow your DB's to play better simply becuase if you force them to be less accurate on their throws they will come up short or even over throw wr's. It also makes them hit the Human DB's sometimes directly with a pass without the human DB's doing nothing but being in the right posistion.

The CPU QB's can function just fine with a lower setting on All-Madden you just have to balance out the human defensive awareness by not cranking it up high to get the right mix. But I've always known that EA dummies down the Human defenders on All-Madden just to make it seem as if the level is actually tougher but in reality it's not your defeders just become inferior to the CPU's defenders.

I think All-Pro plays great if your willing to spend time getting a good balance on the sliders to make the CPU react better on defense and funtion more consistently on offense.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #19
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Ive just given up on having the best DB play, the game is imperfect i would rather have spotty DB play then an unstopable Defense, im already playing with the bears.

But yeah all pro helps, and if you havent started, try doing the Pass defending drill with DBs, it will help you get a better sense of timing when it comes to defending passes, ill give a few of the tips ive found

When you are standing still looking at a ball being thrown right too you dont just press Y because they will go into that stupid ineffective pass catch animation that pretty much takes them out of the play. Press in the direction of the ball and they seem more likely to react properly. This goes for pretty much every pass defense situation, press towards the ball and Y and they generally react alot better.

If you have a QB effectivley forcing a ball into a deep zone and your DB ends up behind the guy, this usually results in your DB animating himself out of the play regardless of what you do. Ive found that holding the strafe button and standing still or trying to catch it will make the reciever drop the ball more, and if it doesnt, it at least doesnt take your defender out of the play and let the reciever run for a TD
This is some good advice..thanks.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #20
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The Problem on All-Madden is that you don't really have to raise human awr to get the DB's to make plays on the ball.

The QBA slider for the CPU can allow your DB's to play better simply becuase if you force them to be less accurate on their throws they will come up short or even over throw wr's. It also makes them hit the Human DB's sometimes directly with a pass without the human DB's doing nothing but being in the right posistion.

The CPU QB's can function just fine with a lower setting on All-Madden you just have to balance out the human defensive awareness by not cranking it up high to get the right mix. But I've always known that EA dummies down the Human defenders on All-Madden just to make it seem as if the level is actually tougher but in reality it's not your defeders just become inferior to the CPU's defenders.

I think All-Pro plays great if your willing to spend time getting a good balance on the sliders to make the CPU react better on defense and funtion more consistently on offense.
This is exactly what I have done on all-madden....I've raised the HUM Def AWR just a bit to make up for the dumbed down defenders you were talking about....raised my Knockdowns up to like 95, INT's to 0 and lowered CPU QB ACC and Pass Blocking and I have been getting 'improved' results.

I'm currently 0-3 in my Jags franchise after just losing a 24-27 HEARTBREAKER last night against Peyton Manning and the unstoppable colt passing attack....My DB play had improved a bit since game 2 of my season, but Peyton manning seemed to be 100% on 3rd down conversions which was very frustrating. In my previous contest vs the Steelers, my DB play was the sole reason for my 28-17 loss....it was very very frustrating. I hope I can pull off a win in Washington...and hopefully solve my DB woes.

I am not going to touch the HUM DEF AWR slider tho....i have that right where I want it.......Getting pressure on the CPU QB and getting my DB to ATLEAST swat a ball down and not having the CPU QB so accurate are my main concerns right now.....other than that, All-madden is playing pretty good for me right now.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »