Home

Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing

This is a discussion on Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:20 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Petition For 360 Patch To Include Player Editing

they just need to release a creation centre like fifa has. That would be their only option. Some small application to edit roster files on pc like finn did for 2k5. Its the only way, but knowing EA....IT WONT HAPPEN.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #34
DickDalewood

OVR:

To each his own I guess, but when did people stop enjoying videogames and start petitioning for every single thing that isn't in a game? I guess if it's really that important, go for it, but I'll be damned if I don't see about 10 "sign this petition" threads every time a football game is released...

No one just relaxes and has fun anymore?

PS: Didn't we all KNOW player editing wasn't in BEFORE we still bought the game...?

Old 08-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #35
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
I finally managed to create a 95 rated QB but it took a LOT of time and patience. And the frustrating part is I didn;t want him to be that good but I only can manage pretty good, or I will get lucky and make him really good.

You are right...creating a bunch of players will require a degree of effort most won't want to put in, or be able to do successfully. The ability to edit players would have been worlds easier.

If you want to create yourself though, you CAN do it. Just stick with it and practice on the drills. I think some positions will be easier than others to create as well.
Thanks for the tips; do running the mini games drill increase your created player's attributes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 02:54 PM   #36
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood

PS: Didn't we all KNOW player editing wasn't in BEFORE we still bought the game...?
Yes, but we were told we'd have create a player. Nothing was ever said about the mode actually being more equivalent to "Create a Crummy Player".
Old 08-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Yes, but we were told we'd have create a player. Nothing was ever said about the mode actually being more equivalent to "Create a Crummy Player".
True that but... from a programming perspective patching the game so the stamina works is one thing. Putting in an actual player editor as a whole other story. You have to understand the logic behind object oriented programming. The stamina patch isnt as difficult and it is patchable. All the patch is going to do is tell the game to change a setting in the programming so that fatigue works. Fatigue is already in there, its just broken...some code can change the properties of it, but nonetheless its there, just not working right now.

Player editor is something that I can tell you now is NOT going to get fixed because there is no player editor TO fix. Create a player and player editor are not the same thing. They are two indivudial programs running inside of the madden code....and in this years madden there is only one of them..they Create a Player.

I hate to say it but dont hold your breath for a player editor, its not going to happen...and you can quote me on that.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-30-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:04 PM   #38
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
Thanks for the tips; do running the mini games drill increase your created player's attributes?
When you start the franchise, you can train for the next game...up to 3 players weekly. You can run them through the drills and add some atttribute points. Granted some attributes require a LOT of points to increase, but they definitely can be tweaked.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #39
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I hate to say it but dont hold your breath for a player editor, its not going to happen...and you can quote me on that.
I just quoted you on that.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 08-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #40
Banned

2krules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie75
When you start the franchise, you can train for the next game...up to 3 players weekly. You can run them through the drills and add some atttribute points. Granted some attributes require a LOT of points to increase, but they definitely can be tweaked.
Thanks;will it you increase your player's attributes for games outside of franchise mode, like quick play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »