Home

List of uniform mistakes in the 360 version

This is a discussion on List of uniform mistakes in the 360 version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #9
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: List of uniform mistakes in the 360 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
One time the Cowboys were wearing powder blue pants on the sidelines when I was playing.

HOF's are attached to profiles, not rosters.
TheCowboys were also wearing all silver on the sidelines once.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:01 AM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Cowboys- as previously stated, home uni's have the wrong colored pants (which is made even more baffling by the fact that the players on the sideline do have bluish-green pants) There are two other errors. One, the star on the helmets is a little too big (should probably be about 90% it's current size). Also, the name plate font is incorrect (looks like this - M - when it should have serifs - M - ). This error is puzzling as well, because the Jets use the same font and EA got it right for them.

Finally, I've noticed that all of the players in the game have larger numbers on the front of their jerseys than they do on the back. This is the opposite of how it should be:

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-30-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottd
Wow do you ever go outside J/K lol Good catch I think lol I didn't know the Vikes change their logo, but if you say so, good catch!
The change is subtle:

OLD

NEW

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #12
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

I know this is Off Topic, but do any of you 2K5 players remember instances of players on the sideline wearing white shirts and red pants even though neither team was wearing red? I remember it used to happen every once in a while, and would just make me shake my head and laugh.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #13
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I know this is Off Topic, but do any of you 2K5 players remember instances of players on the sideline wearing white shirts and red pants even though neither team was wearing red? I remember it used to happen every once in a while, and would just make me shake my head and laugh.
I remember if you switched to any of the alternate uniforms, I believe the players on the sideline stayed in the default home / away uniform regardless of which uni the players were wearing.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Cowboys- as previously stated, home uni's have the wrong colored pants (which is made even more baffling by the fact that the players on the sideline do have bluish-green pants) There are two other errors. One, the star on the helmets is a little too big (should probably be about 90% it's current size). Also, the name plate font is incorrect (looks like this - M - when it should have serifs - M - ). This error is puzzling as well, because the Jets use the same font and EA got it right for them.

Finally, I've noticed that all of the players in the game have larger numbers on the front of their jerseys than they do on the back. This is the opposite of how it should be:

OMG Coog. Me and you agree on something. lol

Right on with the size of the numbers. They all look too thick. But my Bears especially. They should be way thinner they they are.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #15
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
OMG Coog. Me and you agree on something. lol

Right on with the size of the numbers. They all look too thick. But my Bears especially. They should be way thinner they they are.
I do agree that the Bears numbers are too thick, but that's not what I was refering to in my earlier post. What I was talking about was the measurements of the numbers. According to NFL rules the front numbers s/b 10" top to bottom, the back ones 12", and the shoulder or sleeve ones 6". EA seems to have reversed the front and back measurements.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-30-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I do agree that the Bears numbers are too thick, but that's not what I was refering to in my earlier post. What I was talking about was the measurements of the numbers. According to NFL rules the front numbers s/b 10" top to bottom, the back ones 12", and the shoulder or sleeve ones 6". EA seems to have reversed the front and back measurements.
This drove me nuts for years with Madden, but I thought it would be too "nitpicky" to post. Fever and 2k always got this right, I don't know how EA can continuously miss this year after year.

Maybe they'll get around to correcting it even though many may think that it is a minor problem. Hey, it's a problem isn't it?

Also, if no one else mentioned it, the Chiefs helmet logo also seems a bit large.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »